“Lovely Segway experience”

Castle Rednock Farm
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Me and my husband took part in the Segway trek. We had no prior experience with Segways but the instructor took special care with each participant and paid a lot of attention. The trek outside in the farm fields lasts about half an hour with additional 20 mnts experience in the barn area where you learn to handle the equipment. It also helped that the weather was great and the group was fun so we thoroughly enjoyed our experience.
I found it a wee bit pricey as we paid about 45 pounds for the equipment and safety gear but I did not regret the cost. From what I saw in the area, the pony trekking also seems to be a lot of fun and I intend to return for a taste of that too.
Quick tip, Bracklinn falls are very near to the area, so well worth a visit after or before the visit to the farm.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I came with my family (two adults, a 14 year old and an 11 year old for a 45 minute Segway trek. The cost for all of us was £88.00 which included safety equipment, use of the Segway for almost an hour, and tuition. William, our instructor, could not have been nicer or more helpful. The session starts in the indoor barn where you learn to control the Segway in a safe environment. You then progress to a tour of the surrounding fields, learning to negotiate hills and other obstacles as you go. At full speed you can reach about 13 miles an hour but much of the session is at slower speeds as you learn to control and manoeuvre the Segway. My kids declared it to be 'the best thing we've done this holiday'......high praise indeed!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I am an absolute layman when it comes to horses, but Colin taught me all I needed to know in a few minutes. He managed to turn my first encounter with Sabrina (a beautiful Clydesdale) from a nervous bumbling into a fantastic new adventure! My wife and Tommy (the "laidback" Gypsy) was a match made in heaven, too! :)

Beth is the kindest and most adorable girl we have ever seen riding a horse! She told us all about the country and her love of horses as she was leading us through the stunning landscape.

You have definitely made us fall in love with horses and riding, so we are going to be back soon!

Thanks very much

Beatrix & George

1  Thank George B
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Had booked for 7 to do segways , unfortunately due to sickness 5 could not go . This company was still happy to allow the two of us to go , and the whole experience was fantastic . Met with our Segway instructor and he made us feel safe and comfortable about the segways straight away. Very patient and understanding. It was a brilliant experience , laughed so much and will definitely be back . Hopefully next time returning with the girls who could not go on this occasion. :)

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Made plans for a trek of 2hrs. All arranged through email with no problems and very helpful advice.

On the day Colin (our guide) was extremely helpful giving pointers on controlling the horses & he was also extremely friendly. Would definitely go back again.

We were also surprised with how at ease we felt. We are 28 and 31 years old, so expected to feel out of place. We couldn't of been more wrong. Everyone was very welcoming.

Definitely recommend!