“Fantastic Find!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Myself, wife and 3 kids stumbled across this wonderful resteraunt on our way up to the castle. Sad to say we were the only ones in on a horrible, rainy Friday afternoon but we certainly got royal treatment from their staff. The waiter couldn't have been more pleasant and entertaining to our children and showed a lot of patience. The food was fantastic also. We didn't have to wait long either. The resteraunt has a lot of character and we'd love to go back again, maybe when's its in full flow so we can appreciate it even more! Enjoy your visit!

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My partner booked the restaurant as we had never been before even though we stay locally, can't fault the food it was good quality but what really lets the place down in the service we received. We ordered drinks which took longer than expected considering there was only a hand full of tables in, it took far to long for out table to be cleared during courses, after our main we waited minimum 10-15 minutes before being offered the dessert menu and then the same again to take our order, we asked for the bill and after waiting a good twenty minutes we had to ask the waitress to take the bill. There was no organisation with the very young and by what looked like inexperienced staff. Unfortunately due to the poor service I wouldn't return. The restaurant was also cold .

2  Thank nic25kev
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Popped in on a rainy Saturday aftermoon when I suspect everyone was inside watching the rugby. Very quiet, only a couple of other families in. Singularly the most surprising Italian meal I've had, and I've had a few. Friendly, polite service. All freshly made food including the home-made breads. Tasty, simple and subtle. The Tiramisu is the best I've had anywhere - lovved it so much I got another to take home for that evening. Epic.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Visited recently for the first time. Arrived at 7pm left just before10. Service slow and not what you expect in an italian. Good food but dont be in a hurry. Tables very close together too. Not much privacy!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Italia Nostra
Where do I start, on arrival we were greeted with a warm and friendly atmosphere and I found the staff to have a good knowledge of their product and the wine list.
I started with PENNE ALL’ARRABBIATA, this was from the mains but I was accommodated in my request for a half portion as a starter. This is one of my favourite pasta dishes and I was pleased with my choice. The pasta wasn’t fresh but never the less it was well cooked maybe just slightly al dente but was perfect for the viscosity of the sauce. There were fresh chilies and generous amounts of fresh garlic in the sauce but I think tinned tomatoes could have been involved. I would give this dish a 8/10 it would have been a 9.5/10 if it had been fresh pasta however that is probably not possible at the price so it’s as good as you can get for the price.
For my main I had FILETTO ROSSINI I thought it was a large fillet steak for the price and it was also a reasonable quality. I asked for it medium rare and it was cooked beautifully. The Marsala based sauce was rich and complemented the steak giving a well finished and very tasty dish.
The wine was OK I had the Bardolino which was nothing special but at a fair price for the product.
I was a bit disappointed with the espresso, we ordered one each and mine barley covered the bottom of the cup.
In conclusion I was very happy with my dining experience and liked the fact that the proprietor came and seen us after our meal. The staff were very accommodating and friendly, they showed a passion for the food and I felt like they wanted us to relax and enjoy our meal.
I will defiantly return again, I’d go as far to say that I would visit Stirling just to eat here again.