“Average dining experience, but the location was good and cider cold”
Review of Molly Malones

Molly Malones
Ranked #46 of 224 Restaurants in Stirling
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We'd visited Stirling to see the castle. We decided to eat in Stirling before taking the castle back to Edinburgh. We chose this restaurant at the recommendation of a local shop owner and because it was very close to the train station. The food was average pub food. Nothing bad, nothing exceptional. But, if a pub meal is what you are after, it should fit your bill. It wasn't overpriced for the food. The service was dismal. I'm learning that pub service in the UK isn't what we're used to in the US. I can accept that, but this was dismal. She dropped us our beverages and said she'd be right back to get our order. I fell asleep at the table waiting for her.
But, for the traveler looking to stay near the station, the food is ok and ok priced. And, the cider was nice and cold.

There are newer reviews for Molly Malones

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We had had dinner and went along to Molly Malones for a drink before going home. It was very busy and we didn't get a seat but they had live music on, a guy and his guitar playing a lot of Irish music.
As a Guinness drinker I was disappointed that the Guinness was not as cold as it should have been, despite asking for extra cold. Maybe a one off.

We found the bar staff very efficient and always had time for a chat even when it was extremely busy.
A very good ending to a great evening.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

During a recent stay in Stirling we had drinks here one afternoon and went back for lunch the second day. This is a very popular pub and we ended up sitting on high stools at a table beside the bar. I had a baked potato with chilli, which when it came looked more like chilli with aside of baked potato. The portion was enormous and very tasty served with plenty of sour cream and a small salad it was a real treat. The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable about drinks and food and attentive but not pushy. There is a great, comfortable feel about the place and I would certainly visit her any time I am in Stirling.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stopped in for a drink here on my way home from work and ordered a Makers Mark bourbon and coke. My drink was served in a half pint glass filled to the brim with coke. I mentioned to the bartender that there was too much coke and she replied 'thats the standard for Belhaven pubs'. She then walked away even though it was apparent I was not happy with my purchase. I took a drink of my drink and couldn't taste the bourbon so asked for a another drink.They actually charged me £3.60 for this second drink even though I was unhappy with the first one and hadn't drank it. I then proceeded to complain to the bar manager who's customer service mandate seed to decree that if I wasn"t happy it was tough, deal with it. I drank my drink and decided to give them another chance to rectify the issue. The fact I have needed to give this review will tell that they decided to stubbornly refuse. I will never use this pub again! For the sake of £3.60 they have lost a customer!

1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Went in for lunch with wife bar staff friendly food was great will come back any time I am in Stirling a big thank you to all the staff