“Avery enjoyable and cheap afternoon at Briarlands Farm”
Review of Briarlands Farm

Briarlands Farm
Ranked #1 of 7 Fun & Games in Stirling
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Avery enjoyable and cheap afternoon at Briarlands Farm”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

this was a great day out, the children loved it( 7, 5 and 4 years). Grandparents enjoyed it and so did Mum, wish we had gone earlier in the day though to have more time

Visited June 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Perfect for families”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

First heard of Briarlands Farm through Groupon. We absolutely loved it. Great for kids, so much to do and discover and the staff were really helpful and friendly. Staff actively encourage the kids to come on over and have a look! There's plenty of activities for the kids to do and play on/with as well as seeing the animals.

What I like about the amazing cafe area is that it's menu is packed full of home baking and healthy eating things. There are plenty of picnic benches too so you can eat al fresco if it's a nice day.

We'll definitely be going back one day.

1 Thank Marcbowker
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“One of our favourite places”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We have visited Briarlands a few times, now, and have always had a great time. We have 3 kids, aged 10, 7 and 4, and there is plenty there to keep them all occupied for most of the day. They love having the freedom to just run about and play on whatever they want - because all the play equipment is sited in an large, open space, I can easily keep my eye on them without having to run after them constantly. We have always taken picnics so can't comment too much on the café, but they always seem to have a good selection of reasonably priced home baking. The indoor space has been improved a lot over the last couple of years, and we spent a happy couple of hours one day during the Christmas holidays (when the weather was miserable) making crafts (supervised by the wonderful staff while we had a relaxing coffee and cake) The kids also enjoy picking strawberries when in season - the farm post on their website and FB page when strawberries are available.
I wouldn't generally come to spend the day here unless the the weather is at least dry, although its a good place to come for coffee and crafts if you live close enough. (You don't need to pay the entrance fee for the park if this is what you are doing) Also, if your kids are the type to get bored in a playpark after 5 minutes, then don't come here. If, however they enjoy the freedom to play outdoors, they will love the bouncy pillows, go karts, tractors, haystacks and climbing frames.

Visited May 2013
“A great day out”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We regularly visit briarlands with our kids aged 7,5 & 1. From bouncing pillows to go carts to zip wire to slides, football scoring, then there are animals which we always have to go and say hello to. Indoors the new area is great cos the kids now give me peace to enjoy a coffee because there is somewhere for them to play. Cakes are delicious too, and I think they are a fair price. Great day out.

England, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Just good for strawberry picking-- nothing else”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We all enjoyed the strawberry picking experience, especially my daughter. We filled two punnets in a short time. Ad the tunnels are a very good idea especially with the changing weather. You do not even have to bend or strain your back to pick the strawberries, which is good particularly for taller than average customers.
We saw the coffee shop and bouncy pillows, so we thought we will give it a try. As soon as we go inside, my first impression was--the coffee shop was a disgrace. It looks like a barn wherein cheap looking tables and chairs were just put in there as an after thought. No quality decor to complement the barren looking coffee shop. We bought three coffees and they were not that great. I had a strawberry jam sponge cake. And if my partner's mum was not there I could have spatted it out as it was so sweet as if the person who baked it just poured the whole bag of sugar on it. And the sponge was not spongy at all, but soggy and hard like it was undercooked. My daughter wanted to go and try the bouncy pillow. I could not exactly remember the entrance fee but to our horror, it felt like a daylight robbery. As what one reviewer said, apart from the bouncy pillow and sorry looking pedal go-karts, the money you spend on the entrance fee is not worth it (We do not mind paying if there is a quality to the product seen, but on this occasion there was none at all). I even sent a message on their facebook page but I never got any reply from the people who owns/manages the farm. Do they really care about customers feedbacks/ constructive criticisms in order to progress?
I will definitely be heading back there in the near future, unless there are a lot of great improvements on the area. So, if you plan to try their coffee shop, might as well bring a hot water in a flask and get one of those instant cappuccino or lattes. Plus bring your own cakes.

1 Thank Franz_maia