“Good food, great service, great value.”
Review of Westerton Arms

Westerton Arms
Ranked #67 of 222 Restaurants in Stirling
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Aberdeen
“Good food, great service, great value.”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have visited the Westerton Arms many times over the years and have always rated it very highly. It has a great atmosphere mainly due to the friendliness of the staff and the building itself being old has great ambience. The food is good quality and is always well prepared and tasty. Living near Aberdeen where restaurant food is overpriced we are always delighted at how reasonably priced the food is. Tonight we had two drinks (coke+ sparkling water), one soup (spicy lentil including warm crusty roll), one Sunday roast (beef), one macaroni cheese, one dessert (homemade meringues with strawberries, Chantilly cream and ice cream - absolutely delicious and large enough to share) and one coffee all for £23.
The Westerton Arms is located in the centre of Bridge of Allan and is less than a five minute detour off the A9. When we are heading down South rather than paying a fortune for a mediocre sandwich or meal at the Stirling Services we head for the Westerton Arms and enjoy proper food.

• Visited May 2013

scotland
“Nice Sunday dinner”
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

Been on a few occasions for a family dinner. I have always found the food enjoyable - nicely presented and tasty. A couple of points let it down - firstly the service can be a bit poor at times - pre dinner drinks you have to call someone's attention as the staff keep walking past. The overall atmosphere of the place is a bit poor and can be a little uncomfortable at times.
Otherwise it's a nice meal and a good place to visit on a nice Sunday evening.

• Visited February 2013
Bridge of Allan, United Kingdom
“Proper Scottish pub with proper pub food”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Good range of spirits, ales and beers available in the bar, where you are able to wait until a table becomes available in the restaurant. It’s a clean and friendly place to eat, the meals on offer are varied and plentiful. Great atmosphere created by its popularity. Think I'll head there again tonight this time for Macaroni cheese and chips…..mmmm

• Visited May 2013
ayrshire scotland
“Great Food”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Extensive menu great prices and for a change large plates used and filled to capacity so no scrimping from the kitchen. The bar is good to sit and have a drink. The only downside is horse racing is on the screens day and night even with no one watching!

Visited May 2013
“Distinctly Average”
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Popped in here for a catch up lunch with my mum. First of all we sat in the bar - clearly looked a bit out of place and multiple staff walked past us until eventually my mum went up to ask if we could have some lunch and she said no we had to go next door.

Restaurant staff were friendly and but missed I few wee things I asked for no ice and got ice Mum asked for no onions in her tuna baked potato (which also came with non existent lemon mayonaisse) and got onions in her salad. When she mentioned this they took her plate away and quickly brought it back with new salad - onion free.

Strangest part was when I tried to order a steak sandwich without onions and the waiter said I couldn't as steak was cooked in the onions!!! I quickly changed my order as this made alarm bells ring that it MAY be pre-cooked. I had Thai red curry, rice and unnessecary chips all of which was nice.

Restaurant was reasonably priced but I doubt we'll go back with so many other options around.

Visited May 2013