“An excellent choice”

Ranked #64 of 224 Restaurants in Stirling
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We visited here yesterday lunch time for a late lunch. Haven't eaten here since 2006 for some odd reason, because I remember it being good back then. It is still very good and will definitely visit again soon. The staff were friendly and helpful, and our waitress in particular was very charming and efficient. I found out after talking to her, she had only worked there for a few days, but I would never have thought she was new as she was excellent.

The food was very nice indeed, my lasagne in particular was tasty and definitely home cooked. My starter was delightful, I can thoroughly recommend the mini fish, chips and mushy pea starter!

Service was prompt, friendly and efficient. And the atmosphere was warm and inviting.

The food was also very reasonable in price.

We will be back, and not leave such a gap between visits next time !

There are newer reviews for Westerton Arms

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Good choice and really decent food, and good value for money.
Really need to book at peak times.
Only criticism service a bit slow, we had to ask to be served after a couple got served who arrived after us.

1  Thank hazzykaz
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Food: from-frozen, bread-crumbed and dear.
Service: crap, charmless, staff seem unhappy
Surroundings/environment/ambience: they are in the wrong century and it is not very clean. Sticky floor, sticky tables, minging menus, slimy cutlery etc etc etc.

2  Thank john g
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stopped for lunch as we hadn't been here for a number of years. Been done up a bit so that was good. Excellent service, good choice of food, well prepared and presented and all at a reasonable price.

Will definitely use again if in the area.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

What a lovely place! Such a clean and tidy establishment with a lovely pub/restaurant feel to it. Great menu with a wide choice. My partner had the Sunday roast, which melted in his mouth. I had a chicken breast on a sizzler platter. Desserts were great too! My boyfriend strongly suggests that you try the sticky toffee pudding!
Service is fantastic here - staff seem to genuinely care about their customers.
A good thing for us to remember is that the bar is dog friendly too - so our little schnauzer can come in some time when we are having a drink!