“Little gen”

Ranked #94 of 224 Restaurants in Stirling
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay yes it is old looking but that adds to the character of the place the service was great and the food excellent especially that amazing traditional scottish breakfast wow yum

There are newer reviews for Buchlyvie Inn

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stopped here for lunch. It's less than 15 miles from Stirling on the road to Loch Lomond. Parking is easy right outside or there is a small car park directly opposite. You can eat either in the bar or the restaurant. We opted for the restaurant which is decorated in olde worlde style. Service was friendly & attentive & the food very good with quite large portions. Would I stop here again?...yes I would. A great lunch stop!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

A bit smelly, food was average but perfectly edible. Staff were nice and the kids enjoyed the play area.

This place needs a good clean, New carpets, redecorated, toilets improved and the outdoor area needs painted too.

Never judge a book by its cover, so we tried this place out... A drunk spilled out the door on entering, gave my wife his best 'alright doll' and a wink. I read this as a good sign, they obviously put out the drunks!

We are on a tight budget, so we play it safe when visiting a new place. This means I ask for water so I can buy a coffee after meal. They gave my kids water, but were not keen to give the adults water, and it was awkward asking a second time.

We had four mains: 2 macaroni and 2 spicy bean burger and chips. We all liked our meals and the chips were home made, a nice touch. Given the state of the place.we were pleasantly surprised and the waiting staff seemed genuinely interested in knowing if we enjoyed our meal.

1  Thank Jamie B
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Called at this Inn today at 1 o'clock for lunch. There were 4 of us. When we entered bar area one couple were sitting. We walked through to restaurant area and seated ourselves. We waited a while and there wasn't a water/waitress to be seen. I walked around again to bar in search of someone to at least provide a menu with no success. I looked everywhere, even called out hello a few times. Absolutely no response. Fed up, we got up and left.

Poor show Buchlyvie Inn! Your food may be good but you must surely lose a lot of passing trade if you are not on hand to greet customers. It did not feel like a welcoming restaurant, something we very much needed given the wet conditions outside. Your loss.

You don't deserve any stars, unfortunately I had to click on at least one before my review was accepted.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Just arrived home after a shopping trip to Stirling, couldnt find anywhere in Stirling we fancied so, remembering this place from driving past it alot, we said we would stop here. At first we thought we made a mistake when we walked in and we were the only customer, we were seated in the lovely restaurant next to the bar and given our menus, our drinks were brought quickly and our order taken. Well what can i say, the portions were very large for the price and very tasty, the jalapeno started, which i ordered was excellent. We then both ordered scampi with home made chips and salad. I doubt i have had a nicer meal in all the pubs and restaurants i have eaten in and around the Loch Lomond/Stirling area. A true hidden gem which deserves all the credit. Will 100% be going back very soon