“Warm Welcome but...”

Ranked #91 of 229 Restaurants in Stirling
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Been a few times over the years and it used to be top notch, but I think they are working down to a price now. The food is low to mid range pub fare , better to charge more and up quality perhaps?

2  Thank Janet C

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Located on the A811 Stirling to Glasgow road. The Buchlyvie Inn is a traditional Scottish 17th century inn. Full of charm and character; {worth the visit just for this}. Home to the clan Crane.
The landlord Jim and his wife gave a warm and extremely friendly welcome.
We stayed here for four nights in May 2014 B&B, and ate in the restaurant. Home cooked pub food to a very high standard,( the chips are real chips)Many of the local Buchlyvians use the restaurant; which speaks foe itself.
We found the Inn an ideal base for touring the Trossachs. The village itself is pretty with outstanding views towards the Grampian mountains. Many local walks and places of interest around.
We found the locals very warm and welcoming ;Nothing was too much trouble for us visiting Sassanachs.

1  Thank Melbournestar
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We always look forward to eating here, quality and portion sizes incredible. Eating out became a problem when my husband was diagnosed with Coeliacs Disease, the risks too great to eat out at ill educated establishments. Buchlyvie Inn resident chef (Sandra) took time to learn about the dietary needs and experimented with recipes until they are now in a position to offer a fully dedicated Gluten Free Menu which offers many of the same dishes as you find on the general menu. So many places can only offer baked potatoes or omelettes. We can confidently recommend eating here, home cooked food at its best in a friendly welcoming environment.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We ate at the Buchlyvie Inn twice when we stayed in the area last year. As we were staying again we headed for the Buchlyvie Inn, as we knew the chips were going to be well worth the visit.
I had the prawn cocktail to start, a giant portion, and very tasty, and the homemade steak pie and chips, excellent. Hubby had the chicken skewers and homemade burger. All well cooked, plenty of it and friendly helpful staff.
The pub is very traditional, so if you are expecting the gloss of Wetherspoons, I suggest you head to Glasgow, they have 2 great ones there.
If you want good old fashioned pub with friendly people, staff who seem genuinely happy to see you and good, honest home cooked food at a reasonable price, then you would be mad not to stop by.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had visited the Buchlyvie Inn early in the summer and were most impressed with the quality of the food and the more than reasonable prices. The macaroni cheese I had then was quite possibly the best I've ever tasted, and, along with a pint of real ale, I was more than happy! It's not particularly close to where I live, but I was determined to go back, and finally did so recently. This time I went for the ideal comfort food - pie, beans and chips at a mere £5 - with a pint of Ambrella beer from Everard's Brewery in Leicestershire (£3). Again, I thought both the pie and chips were exceptional (beans are beans!), the service friendly, and the real ale perfect. I'm sure I'll make a third visit before too long.