“Classy Indian food, this”

Green Gates Indian Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 221 Restaurants in Stirling
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TAM COWAN REVIEW IN DAILYRECORD ON 5TH OCTOBER 2013
“Classy Indian food, this”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Strong recommendation from us for this restaurant. Great flavours, excellent service, and an interesting menu. The starters in particular were great, particularly the pakoras. A most enjoyable meal.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank RichardSv

Dundee, United Kingdom
“At last...a really good Indian restaurant in Scotland”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great restaurant, lovely decor, very helpful staff (lots of the too) and a great menu. Not many of the usual dishes but a great selection of interesting dishes. Definitely one of the tastiest curries I have ever had.......need to visit again as lots of dishes I want to try. The experience was made even better by the eclectic selection of dishes used to serve the delicious food. Warning...you will need to book!

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Hamish W
“Absolutely Stunning”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This place is one of the best places I;ve had the pleasure of frequenting. The Service is impeccable, the food is amazing and the niche is obvious. I have eaten here several times and every time it has been full to the brim with people. My last visit was at the end of June and just catching up on my reviews. The starter was excellent and whilst we were waiting we were served a complimentary soup which was spectacular. Curry was brilliant, and although we had to wait a short time, it was worth it, as with any meal. They must be complimented most thoroughly on their naan bread as it is unmatched by anything I've tasted elsewhere. If I had one complaint at all it would be the limited alcohol selection, however you can bring your own booze for a more than reasonable corkage fee which more than compensates.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Luke F
Watford, United Kingdom
“You will be foolish not to try this restaurant”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to this Indian restaurant in Stirling, it's unique, and I like different ! The tastes were wonderful with fresh herbs and spices being exquisitely blended what beautiful (and different) indian, not the usual madras, vindaloo or balti of others but so tasty just a couple of hiccups in the service but nothing to worry about as they brought me free popadoms. Go for it you will love it.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Dave L
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Excellent from start to finish”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had friends coming to stay and as they love Indian food I was recommended the green gate by my son who is a regular patron. Phoned for booking spoke to a pleasant friendly chap. Arrived Saturday night quickly shown to our table (restaurant very busy turning people away) but did not affect the service our table was given. The staff were efficient and friendly with the service, table linen and napkins whiter than white beautifully laundered and to top it all the meal was the best ever Indian any of us have ever had and my friends have eaten in many Indian restaurant around Scotland and other places, they now want to come and stay with us more often just to eat here.

Veggy pakora to die for we will all be returning again and again

• Visited July 2014