“Glorious Cappuccino”

Ranked #88 of 221 Restaurants in Stirling
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Scottish, Cafe, Soups, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Café. Using fresh ingredients. (No frozen meals) Many Scottish products. Excellent cakes. We think the best coffee available locally. (Bei & Nannini, Italy) Like Topsy, our shop "just grew".
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Glorious Cappuccino”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I found this café off Port street in Stirling and nipped in for a quick cappuccino service was fast and pleasant with a nice seating area at the back...they had a nice array of cakes but I left those for next time. This was one of the best Cappuccinos I have had in a long time .
A hidden gem the green grocer side looked very fresh with quality vegetables....nice to find somewhere new

• Visited March 2014

Bathgate, United Kingdom
“Coffee and carrot cake”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Found this wee cafe hidden away off the main street in Stirling. Had a lovely strong coffee and delicious carrot cake. Very friendly and polite staff. I did like the fact that there was a jug of cold water on the side without having to ask for it.
Lovely display of cakes so the only problem I had was trying to decide what I wanted! Nice atmosphere and lovely setting.

• Visited March 2014
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Nice food, experience spoilt by staff”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This was our first visit to The Greengrocer - having being resident in Stiring for several years and looking for a change to the usual Costa/Nero type cafe, we were realy hopeful for a good experience here. First impressions were great, the interior is part deli part cafe and all the different products on the shelf make the place quite quirky and interesting. We had soup and a sandwich, both of which, although quite expensive, were tasty and the portions good. What really let the the place down, however, were the staff. Not once in the whole time we were there did we see one of the smile at any customer (including us) but they seemed happy enough to chat between themselves when they werent serving. When we were ordering and when they brought the food out, they seemed almost surly, which made us feel a little uncomfortable. When we paid, the lady on the till didnt even ask how the meal was, which I find strange - in fact, the only time she really spoke was to say the amount, and to tell me to put my card in the machine. Not even a "thanks" as she handed me the receipt, just a "here's your receipt" and walked off! The management really need to tackle this issue, as from looking at the reviews below, it seems to be a common theme. Its such a real shame, as this place has massive potential, and it's exactly what Stirling needs (i.e. more independents and less chains) but the attitude of the staff would have to change before we would go back. Finally, and just looking through some of the other reviews on here, I would love to see the management of The Greengrocer responding to this (and other) reviews - it would at least show potential customers that they are interested in feedback and are actively trying to improve what should be a great little place.

1 Thank tazaa
“Better”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Last month I wrote a critical review and hoped the experience was a 'one-off'. We went back recently and enjoyed soup, cake and coffee which were much better. Whew.

“Really dissapointing”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Have been to this wee cafe before and have had an ok experience. Nice atmosphere- small hideaway cafe with a lot of character. However, Had a truly horrible experience there today (Saturday).
Went in at half past three for a quick toastie. I was very respectful and asked what time they shut just to make sure I was well within the closing time- the girl at the till said 5. Then she informed me that there would be nothing toasted because they had already cleaned the machine. At half 3? When you shut at 5 ?
The manager, who was continuing to clean the machine, instead of coming over to explain to us etc, kept her back to us the whole time, smirking to the side at another colleague- news flash: a customer has eyes and can actually see everything you do. Moreover, its a couple of weeks before christmas AND its a weekend- prime time for maximising profit- but somehow this cafe can afford to just clean up shop early because the staff want an early night. I can understand if I wanted something complex but we just wanted a cheese toastie and a cup of coffee.
Despite this we still would've stayed and had a coffee (it was just a toastie- not a big deal!!) But on turning away with my mother, my brother who was sitting down watching, saw the girl at the till and her friend rolled their eyes and sniggered to each other. At which point we just got up and left. I don't care how unreasonable a customer is, you just cant behave like that. Its your cafe's reputation at stake.
Good luck Green Grocers- with your disrespectful attitude to customers, and your unwillingness to provide the simplest of food well WITHIN your opening times at peak season, you are probably going to need it.
A satisfied customer will tell (on average) 5 friends about a pleasant restaurant experience. An unsatisfied customer will tell 9. Bad news for you, every person I meet will be advised to steer clear of this cafe and pointed in the direction of Cisco's, Toast, Bean Scene and The Burgh-Where staff actually want to serve customers.

3 Thank Lizzie J