“Happy Holly-day”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bramble Bield

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stirling
Bramble Bield
London, United Kingdom
“Happy Holly-day”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I'm just back from a wonderful week in Holly, at Bramble Bield, near Stirling.
Most days began with a massive and delicious breakfast provided by Colin & Jane, and ended with a bonfire and marshmallows as the sun set behind my caravan. It was a lovely spot, with maybe a little bit too much road noise sometimes- but the birdsong and the cattle lowing more than made up for it!
I had a bicycle with me, and there's a great farm shop for supplies just a mile down the road, and lots of villages and castles near enough to explore on two-wheels. The MacRobert Centre is within easy reach, for movies and theatre shows, as well as lots of local art galleries. There are some good climbs up the Ochil Hills, I even managed to get my four-year-old nephew up to the top of Dumyat and down again.
The caravan, Holly, was really nice. Cosy with fairylights at night and drenched in sunshine for most of the day. I spent alot of time sitting on my steps, enjoying it all. There was enough space for all my stuff, and facilities to make a cuppa, along with the Stables for more serious cooking.
The Stables is a really handy kitchen space for anyone self-catering, I cooked up a storm several nights, with my own cupboard and fridge space to keep food in. The shower was nice and clean, though the toilet could perhaps have done with a freshen up each day- nothing was dirty, but it was getting used by a lot of people, as all three caravans were full during my stay.
I really enjoyed the comfort of my own space, but the company of my fellow campers, as we got to know each other and swapped stories over whisky from the nearby Deanston Distillery and cider from Allanwater Brewhouse.
I also had fun with my three small nephews coming to stay overnight. They loved the Bield and all the places to explore, and I didn't have to worry as the whole place is away from traffic and trouble. Colin & Jane were very kind in letting them run around, nosey at the chicken coop, and clamber all over the Big Tree. With the outdoor table&chairs and the under-bed bunks, there was plenty of space for a family of four in Holly- not to mention the Stables are very handy to retreat to with young kids, to let at least one grown-up get a long lie in the morning!
Many thanks to the Kilgours for a great, relaxing, fun and rural stay- top marks!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank hannah_mccall

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Evanton, Scotland
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We spent 4 nights in Rowan at Bramble Bield in October 2012 - it was a fantastic holiday with our twin 6yr olds. We were cosy and warm in our caravan and we had the most delicious breakfast provided by Colin and Jane each morning - very spoiling. There is masses to do in the surrounding area and also some lovely walks in the surrounding area. I am very much hoping that we will be making a return trip in 2013 - we really reallly enjoyed ourselves and it was just a perfect spot for kids and a top top half term trip.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FloCor1975
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed in one of the three gypsy caravans for a night of glamping. It was an amazing experience. So relaxing. We were made to feel incredibly welcome. It was a real oasis compared to the hustle and bustle of other places we stayed. Rustic feel and quiet location only added to the whole feel. Would recommend this to anyone with a romantic or adventurous side. Would also be perfect for young families looking for a quieter but memorable alternative.

• Stayed August 2012