“Do something about the queues and get more staff serving in busy periods”

Dobbies Garden Centre, Stirling
Ranked #105 of 229 Restaurants in Stirling
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Popped in to Dobbies for some Gardening supplies and was enticed to had Sunday breakfast - it was ten to twelve when I took my place in the queue and by the time I got served it was 12:05 and they had stopped serving breakfast so I ordered a cheese scone. Now moved to the queue for coffee. Only one serving and more than 20 in front of me. Server said that there was a self service machine on the other side and I and others made our way to it only to find that it needed to be serviced (emptied of used ground beans). So it was back to the normal queue. Still only one serving and no action taken when we informed her about the self service machine - it was just our hard luck that we had lost our place in the queue! Eventually got coffee and was sitting down at 12:25 - half an hour for a coffee and scone!!! There were staff in the background running around like headless chickens apparently doing very important things. Come on Dobbies get your act together and employ enough staff to cope with demand and manage staff in a way that customer service takes priority over other tasks when there are large queues. This is not the first time I have been in where service has been poor in terms of queues and lack of staff to serve them so it is not a one off. By the way the scone and coffee were excellent but not worth the 30 minute wait to get them.

3  Thank Ronnieb0fa

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Went to dobbies for a few bits and bobs the shop itself was fine but the resturant was a disaster some of the staff not all did not have a clue who they were serving a young boy served me at lunchtime I asked for soup of the day only to be told it was running out which I found strange as it had just turned 12.30 he dished up what was left and I was still charged full price he walked away I was still waiting on a toastie for my friend when he saw me he asked was there something else when I said about the toastie he just gave a grunt then went to get it maybe some staff training would be helpful as this boy had no customer skills so don't think when we are back in dobbies I will be using the resturant

3  Thank rhona26
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Felt that the food was average but was fairy pricey. Don't think I would go back unless it was a last resort.

6  Thank FigoSanquhar
Reviewed 26 February 2014

popped in for a wander round Dobbies and decided to have a wee something to eat. decided to share one of the £10 afternoon teas with my friend. person who took our order was very polite and helpful. everything on the afternoon tea menu was lovely, tasty sandwiches, delicious scones and the cakes were yum!!
cannot fault it at all, will definitely be back for afternoon tea!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I echo what other reviewers have said. Tables aren't cleaned nearly regularly enough. Two used and dirty trays have been left on the floor uncollected since I arrived. Staff have just walked passed them several times.
Carpeted area needs a thorough clean, and regular cleaning during the day.
Food was poor-dry looking meat joints, dry chips and cake. Also very overpriced.

This place could and should be much nicer but needs much more effective management.

4  Thank Laphroaig66