“One of the best meals we had in Scotland”
Review of Maharaja

Maharaja
Ranked #2 of 222 Restaurants in Stirling
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TAM COWAN REVIEW IN "THE SCOTTISH SUN" ON FRIDAY 23rd MAY 2014
Mississauga, Canada
“One of the best meals we had in Scotland”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I were very impressed by the food. We definitely over ordered, but we wanted to try so many of the items on the menu. Staff was friendly and service was good.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Johnson101010

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic. .. highly recommended”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely business lunch.
Food delicious waiters great and restaurant was lovely. ...very clean..prices at lunchtime very reasonable
Highly recommend this restaurant

3 Thank ireneanderson04
Denver, Colorado
“Really great Indian food!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We came here based on previous reviews and loved he food and price. We choose the lunch special and really enjoyed our 3 courses and wine. The staff are wonderful and very attentive. I highly recommend if you are in the area.

3 Thank ourtravelmenu
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Service, Great Food - Exactly what I've been looking for”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I went on Thursday evening with my girlfriend.
We were warmly greeted and given a choice of tables to sit at. A drinks menu was immediately presented and we were asked if we already had a drink in mind, or would like a few minutes - I need some time to peruse the wine menu. Already happy with the service.

We ordered starters (garlic paneer & tandoori king prawns) and mains (south indian garlic chicken & another dish that escapes me), rice, keema and garlic naan. At every stage the waiter was prepared to answer any question or alter the dish to our liking without being intrusive. The garlic paneer was delicious as were the prawns. My south indian garlic chicken was both spicy and tasty, whilst the dish that escapes me was some manner of gently spiced korma with a lovely balance of coconut and spice without being sickly.

The naan breads were big enough to sleep in (had the weather been colder) so next time I think sharing one between two would be better. Possibly the best naan I've had - not too thick, not doughy, not blackened at all, just very tasty.

It was great to see an indian dessert on the menu - 'gulab jamon', which I ordered and just managed to finish before filling up completely. Lovely light sponge, nice and hot, syrup also light and sweet rather than sticky. I asked about other desserts and the owner was happy to offer that given a few days notice, they are only too happy to prepare another indian dessert if not on the menu - I love 'ras malai', so plan to request this in advance next time.

The whole team provided brilliant service from start to finish and nothing was too much trouble. A drink from the bar was offered on the house at the end of the meal (I took a single malt) which yet another gold star for the whole experience.
I will go again on a regular basis and recommend it as the best indian restaurant in Stirling.

4 Thank David W
Phoenix
“Great food, great service!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a booking for our party of 8 which included two children. We were seated promptly and the staff were very quick to take our drink orders. The food was exceptional some of the best Indian many of us had had. The portions are large and we just couldn't eat it all. The staff were extremely pleasant and nothing was too much trouble. Will definitely go back the next time we are lucky enough to be in Stirling!

4 Thank Ruth M