“A great stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stirling
Heatherdale Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #40 of 59 Stirling B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 June 2010

My stay at Heatherdale was very welcome at the end of my vacation. The Baillie's were great hosts. When first checking in, they offered, and did, book a table for me at one of the nearby restaurants; Birds and Bees. Not something that many B&B's would have done for me in the past. The full breakfast was ample and delicious. The room was exactly as pictured on their website, was clean from the start and was kept clean throughout my few days here. A slight hiccup with getting the wifi access set up did not detract me from the overall experience of my stay. If I am back in the area, I would love to book again here.

The location here was great for getting to the Wallace Monument and to Stirling Castle. Doune Castle was also about 15 minutes drive by rental car. The neighborhood around Heatherdale is entirely flat, so you can walk to restaurants within 10-15 minutes time without up/down hills. Did not use bus service while here, but there appeared to be stops just steps away on the Causewayhead Road.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Blushift
There are newer reviews for Heatherdale Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 8 April 2010

I went to this place with my girlfriend in March 2010, to stay for one night and to visit my sister at the university. We originally chose the place because it was in between the university and the city center and it seemed promising.

When booking, they were really helpful over the phone and answered my email promptly. We were arriving a little bit later than expected, which was no problem.

The house felt like a second home. We were welcomed at the door by both Jim and Christine, a lovely couple. They showed us to our room (a double room with en-suite), and told us about good dinner places.

The room was spacious, and it had all the necessary things for a good night sleep. The decoration was homey and simple. The bed was wide, and really comfortable with clean sheets and comfy blankets. We didn't even notice that it had an electric heater mattress, but we didn't need it as the room was warm enough. The toilet and the shower were cleverly hidden behind a mirror wall. It was very clean as everything else in the house. The room also had a kettle and some tea/coffee, and a TV.

Jim asked us what time we'd like our breakfast the night before, and he was prepared to cook it anytime we wanted. We had a choice of different "mains". I went for the classic Scottish fry-up. The breakfast was served in what I think was their living room. Nicely decorated and it felt like having breakfast at home, only the dining table was much nicer and the breakfast itself was great. We had a choice of yoghurts, cereals, plenty of toast, juice, and the fry up was more than enough to keep me going for the whole day.

I'd definitely recommend this place if you want great value for money, and a good night sleep in a quiet clean house.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for people who want to party until very late, as I'd feel uncomfortable going to someone's home late at night. I suppose this is the same for all BB's though, and Jim did say he can make arrangements if we are coming very late at night. We came in around 11pm, which was no problem at all.

They don’t take cards, so have enough cash with you when you go.

We also discovered that taking a taxi is about the same price as taking a bus, so we used that to go to town and to the university. You could’ve walked to the city centre in about 15 minutes, but we thought a few pounds per person is not too bad for getting a taxi.

I am definitely going back there!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2009

Nice bed and breakfast with good service.
The bed abd breakfast provides everything you need.
The delicious meal in the morning is a best start of each day.
You can feel wam and sweet in this place and will totally believe this is your temporary home while you enjoy your trip.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2009

We found Heatherdale on the web ( Tripadvisor ) about 4 years ago and every time we go up on our regular trips to Scotland , that's where we stay. Jim and Christine are lovely people and put themselves out to help you in whatever way they can. Lovely and clean , huge breakfasts ( try telling Jim you only want 1 rasher of bacon....it doesn't happen ...) Handy for touring round central Scotland and very good value for money indeed.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2009

I stayed for two nights, and chose this place for its proximity to the university.

The hotel and front upstairs room I was assigned were pleasant enough, though the bedroom was quite small for a double bed and the bathroom even smaller. The interior furnishings are quite old fashioned, with an ancient small box TV and a table with some odd chairs that I had to use for my laptop.

Breakfasts were OK, and have to assessed on the Scottish basis of quantity over quality.

The location is reasonably quiet, and even though the railway line isn't that far away the number of trains seems to be quite low so its not really an issue.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank davout
Reviewed 22 March 2008

Jim and Christine and family are great! You could not ask for a better family to stay with if you are looking for a B and B anywhere near Glasgow or Edinburgh. It was a perfect location for us and the family is just great. They are great people who want nothing but for you to enjoy your stay and enjoy Scotland. It may have been the best B and B experience we've ever had.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 14 October 2007

Beautiful couple with a warm and inviting bed and breakfast. We felt with Jim and Christine that we were with family because they were helpful and thoughtful with our daily activities. It is near by Wallace monument and buses services have easy access. Breakfast was tasty and our room was comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ErnestandPat