“Good value for Stirling and within the unique 300 acre's of the university”

Stirling Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Stirling
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Within the campus of University of Stirling which houses wonderful walks and attractions. "The Helix and kelpies" and "The Falkirk wheel". "The Wallace monument" is on the doorstep.The hotel is located on a university campus, The tranquil setting is surrounded by wildlife and it's very peaceful. We were warmly welcomed at reception and given a room on the first floor. The service was also good. The breakfast was a huge surprise. Greeted and shown to our tables, a plentiful selection which included a full Scottish breakfast. Fresh tea and coffee with crisp white linen table cloths - we were not expecting that within the price!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank johnretroreload
StirlingMgtCentre, Manager at Stirling Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for rating us so highly, its much appreciated and your points very useful too. The area offers so much to visitors and I am glad you managed to enjoy some of the surroundings easily using the centre as the base. Thanks again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night. It's close to "The Helix and kelpies" and "The Falkirk wheel". Both worth a visit. "The Wallace monument" is virtually on the doorstep. Just leave your car in the ample free parking and walk. The hotel is located on a university campus, which I found off-putting as I'd imagined being surrounded by rowdy students. Quite the reverse. The tranquil setting is surrounded by wildlife and it's very peaceful. We were warmly welcomed at reception and given a room on the second floor. There didn't appear to be a lift and so please check if that's a problem for you. The room was basic but extremely clean. Little touches like Moulton and Brown toiletries, tissues in the bedroom etc were appreciated. I've stayed in worse four star hotels! We had a bar meal and drinks - both were good quality and reasonably priced. The service was also good. The breakfast was a huge surprise. Greeted and shown to our tables, a plentiful selection which included a full Scottish breakfast. Fresh tea and coffee with crisp white linen table cloths - we were not expecting that within the price! My only criticism would be the hard, uncomfortable bed. Otherwise I'd rate this hotel as four star with a very cheap three star price tag. Don't hesitate, go!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Julsp

Wow - what a gem of a review! Thank you for your kind works, and very useful points for readers too. your comments about the local visitor attractions will be appreciated by many. I apologise we did not highlight the location of the lift - we have at the end of the bedroom corridor, and we ought to have indicated this, sorry. Glad you enjoyed breakfast too.
Kind regards, Gail

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Booked into this hotel as we were attending a function which was 5 mins away so it was for ease. I had stayed before and wasn't impressed then I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt. I had booked 3 rooms and one was an easy access room for my elderly mother which was near the reception. It was very near the reception but it had a fold down bed, which didn't even have legs and was very low which was not good for an old lady. I went to reception and spoke to the gentleman there who told me (albeit very nicely) there were no other rooms and that this room was used by disabled and elderly all the time and they never had any problem.. so we had to put up with it.. next morning I discovered that her duvet was a single duvet wrapped in a king size duvet cover which she had become all entangled in and nearly hurt herself as she couldn't get free. I paid £50 for a room with a fold down bed like you used to have in bed sits in the 70s and a duvet with a cover that didn't fit it.. not happy. I wont stay here again. We would have swapped rooms with her but the others were miles along the corridors or up stairs which she wouldn't manage.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jencon

Thanks you for providing such a detailed review, it is most helpful. I am very sorry we fell short of your expectations and you had a disappointing stay. It is only through such valuable feedback that we can aim for improving our products and services so I appreciate this. Thanks again, kind regards, Gail

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Only stayed here one night, but was generally ok considering that it is a conference centre attached to a University - so don't expect the full hotel experience.

Bed was comfy, although a bit small. Room quiet and dark. Breakfast pretty good. Wifi was free and worked well (booked a holiday while I was here!)

Views of the surrounding mountains awesome from the grounds.

Probably better to stay in the city centre if you are a tourist, but this is a good place to stay if you're in Stirling on business etc or need a decent quality place to crash at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank biochemist_dave
StirlingMgtCentre, Manager at Stirling Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

What a helpful review for TripAdvisor followers, thank you. At this time of year, and especially in this beautiful weather, all the views in the surrounding area are stunning. Though, throughout the year, with the changing seasons, the outlook is always amazing as the colours are eve-changing, so it never looks the same twice. Thanks too for rating our service so highly. Kind regards, Gail

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have stayed at the SIC on a number of occasions, sometimes through work and others on leisure breaks. Great parking, rooms are very clean, quiet and very comfortable. The buffet breakfast is extensive and the bar menu is more than adequate. 5 mins and you are back on the dual carriageway, highly recommend.

Room Tip: I have only ever had rooms on first floor all have been great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank issy_grieve

Thank you very much for this high rating review. Your positive comments are great to rea, and very glad you enjoy our standard of breakfasts. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon, kind regards, Gail

Reviewed 2 July 2014

As a researcher, I travel around the world to attend international conferences and because of a very similar reason I stayed in this hotel for one night in June 2013. I was attending a conference in Stirling University and being right at the heart of the university, this accommodation provided me the most convenient way to spend two days. Rooms are really nice and the breakfast comes with variety of items. The locations around the hotel are so beautiful that you can even go for a walk to get lost in the nature in 5 min!

Also note that, it's not only for the researchers or academics. I've seen tourists, who have no connection whatsoever with the university, visiting this hotel and enjoy there time with family and friends. The hotel is connected via (at least) two public bus routes that go directly to the Stirling Station. Although I didn't pay for my accommodation as the conference organizers arranged that for me, but I heard that it's not too expensive. So, overall I'd recommend you this hotel if you decide to stay out side the Stirling city or visit Stirling University.

P.S. The only reason why I'm not giving 5 star is their reception. It's true that you'll always find a person at the reception desk but they're not very helpful. For some unknown reason, they're very rude. Their behavior drew my attention and therefore I decided to observe them from a close distance. On two occasions, I remained seated near the desk for some 30 min and noticed that they rudely reacted with their guests. Even staff got changed during that 30 min but not their behavior. I'd recommend hotel authority to look into this issue seriously.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NiazChowdhury
StirlingMgtCentre, Manager at Stirling Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Wow what a great rating - thank you so very much for this. You give us a very complimentary review, and not only that, it's most informative for other travellers who are considering staying in Stirling. Your comments about reception are interesting and I will certainly investigate, even though a year has now passed since your stay. We place great importance on training for the front of house team and our present team have recently generated a high volume of favourable comments so I am confident that we are demonstrating an improved level of service. Hopefully you'll have reason to be back in Stirling soon, and please stay with us again! Kind regards, Gail

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My partner & I spent one night here on our way north from a family gathering. We chose this venue as it was reasonably priced & available - on the same night that Rod Stewart was playing Falkirk this was a tricky combination to find.

Our room was simple but spotless. The decor is slightly dated but it's clear that staff look after the premises well. It was a warm day/night & so our room was very hot. We would have appreciated air conditioning but appreciate that this is really unusual.

The hotel was quiet during the night despite a wedding being in full flow. Our pillows were comfy & the bedding was luxurious & spotless. The bed was a standard double which felt small as we have a super king bed at home, & the mattress probably needs replacing soon. We slept well though!

Breakfast took the form of a buffet. Food was good & plentiful, & service was fast & friendly.

Check out was fast & efficient. We enjoyed our stay here, & would describe this as ideal for a stopover for work or travel, but perhaps not what we'd use for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014
StirlingMgtCentre, Manager at Stirling Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thanks for your review. Your feedback is very balanced and fair, with a good rating score, I really appreciate it. I hope, again with your travels, we have the opportunity to welcome you back, in the not too distant future. Kind regards, Gail
Business Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stirling
Holiday Inn Express Stirling
Golden Lion Hotel
Golden Lion Hotel
#10 of 20 in Stirling
Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro

Been to Stirling Court Hotel? Share your experiences!