Stirling Court Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Carisdene(Stirling)
View Hotel
The Royal Hotel(Bridge of Allan)
View Hotel
The Queen's Hotel(Bridge of Allan)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Colessio(Stirling)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsuniversity campusstirling management centrewallace monumentconference venueconference facilitiessports facilitiesbar menuhotel is locatedbreakfast was buffet stylerooms are comfortabletea and coffeewedding partyquiet locationcomfortable stayhaggisan overnight staybreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights, the hotel is nice, reception staff were helpful and courteous.The room was on the first floor and there was no lift at that side of the hotel. The room was a bit dated and only one bedside table The bed was small and uncomfortable, for what we paid i expected a king size.,Shower nice plenty of hot water. Breakfast was good staff pleasant and we were served with drinks as soon as we were seated.However we enjoyed our stay and would return if we are in this area again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lyndashaw1954
StirlingMgtCentre, Manager at Stirling Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thanks for your review and for rating the Centre highly. It is great to hear such positive feedback about our team here and pleased they looked after you so well, I'll pass on you comments to them. Thanks again, and I hope we have the chance to welcome you back, in the not too distant future. Kind regards, Gail

Reviewed 25 July 2014

MYself and my girlfriend stayed here on Sunday night.

We got it on a deal, it was meant to be £161 a night. There is no way it is worth that. We got dinner through another deal and it was gorgeous. Breakfast was a buffet and that was good too. The room had damp sadly and I wouldn't reccomend it. If you are passing through I would definetly say go for dinner though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andrewh2011
StirlingMgtCentre, Manager at Stirling Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hello, very glad to hear you enjoyed one of our special offers and felt it was good value for money. The deals and special offers can be found on our website. Thanks too for praising our food so highly both for Breakfast and DInner. Your compliments will be relayed to our Executive Chef, who will be pleased. He and the team have received a number of awards for the food quality but the best reward is, of course, the positive feedback from diners! Thanks again, kind regards, Gail

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Within the campus of University of Stirling which houses wonderful walks and attractions. "The Helix and kelpies" and "The Falkirk wheel". "The Wallace monument" is on the doorstep.The hotel is located on a university campus, The tranquil setting is surrounded by wildlife and it's very peaceful. We were warmly welcomed at reception and given a room on the first floor. The service was also good. The breakfast was a huge surprise. Greeted and shown to our tables, a plentiful selection which included a full Scottish breakfast. Fresh tea and coffee with crisp white linen table cloths - we were not expecting that within the price!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank johnretroreload
StirlingMgtCentre, Manager at Stirling Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for rating us so highly, its much appreciated and your points very useful too. The area offers so much to visitors and I am glad you managed to enjoy some of the surroundings easily using the centre as the base. Thanks again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night. It's close to "The Helix and kelpies" and "The Falkirk wheel". Both worth a visit. "The Wallace monument" is virtually on the doorstep. Just leave your car in the ample free parking and walk. The hotel is located on a university campus, which I found off-putting as I'd imagined being surrounded by rowdy students. Quite the reverse. The tranquil setting is surrounded by wildlife and it's very peaceful. We were warmly welcomed at reception and given a room on the second floor. There didn't appear to be a lift and so please check if that's a problem for you. The room was basic but extremely clean. Little touches like Moulton and Brown toiletries, tissues in the bedroom etc were appreciated. I've stayed in worse four star hotels! We had a bar meal and drinks - both were good quality and reasonably priced. The service was also good. The breakfast was a huge surprise. Greeted and shown to our tables, a plentiful selection which included a full Scottish breakfast. Fresh tea and coffee with crisp white linen table cloths - we were not expecting that within the price! My only criticism would be the hard, uncomfortable bed. Otherwise I'd rate this hotel as four star with a very cheap three star price tag. Don't hesitate, go!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Julsp

Wow - what a gem of a review! Thank you for your kind works, and very useful points for readers too. your comments about the local visitor attractions will be appreciated by many. I apologise we did not highlight the location of the lift - we have at the end of the bedroom corridor, and we ought to have indicated this, sorry. Glad you enjoyed breakfast too.
Kind regards, Gail

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Booked into this hotel as we were attending a function which was 5 mins away so it was for ease. I had stayed before and wasn't impressed then I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt. I had booked 3 rooms and one was an easy access room for my elderly mother which was near the reception. It was very near the reception but it had a fold down bed, which didn't even have legs and was very low which was not good for an old lady. I went to reception and spoke to the gentleman there who told me (albeit very nicely) there were no other rooms and that this room was used by disabled and elderly all the time and they never had any problem.. so we had to put up with it.. next morning I discovered that her duvet was a single duvet wrapped in a king size duvet cover which she had become all entangled in and nearly hurt herself as she couldn't get free. I paid £50 for a room with a fold down bed like you used to have in bed sits in the 70s and a duvet with a cover that didn't fit it.. not happy. I wont stay here again. We would have swapped rooms with her but the others were miles along the corridors or up stairs which she wouldn't manage.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jencon

Thanks you for providing such a detailed review, it is most helpful. I am very sorry we fell short of your expectations and you had a disappointing stay. It is only through such valuable feedback that we can aim for improving our products and services so I appreciate this. Thanks again, kind regards, Gail