“2 nights for business trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Old Tram House

The Old Tram House
Ranked #5 of 61 Stirling B&B and Inns
“2 nights for business trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Upon arriving I was welcomed at the door by the propretor, Alison. She welcomes me, showed me around and even offered to help me with my bags since the room was upstairs. The room was up in the eaves of the house and was quite lovely. The decor was to an excellent level, the room was clean and warm and the bed was comfortable. The en-suite was a good size, well provisioned and there was always hot water. Ordering breakfast for the next day was easy and ensured that it was freshly cooked. I had the Scottish Cooked Breakfast on both days and it was excellent, one of the best cooked breakfasts I have had.

The location was very handy for Stirling University and within an easy walk there was a Co-operative food shop, an Itlaian bistro (I ate there, very good) and a pub. I would definitely recommend this as a good place to stay, on business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Myself my husband and daughter stayed here for two nights,Alison runs a beautifully traditional Guest House. she has an eye for detail and is obviously very proud of her place,the room was very clean and food excellent,it is with in walking distance to the UNI,also a short stroll into Stirling,will be staying here next time im in Stirling.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrea S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here with my son for 2 nights, whilst visiting my daughter who goes to uni in stirling. From our arrival till we left, Alison was an excellent host. Welcoming both my girls into the house (who weren't staying there), the breakfasts were excellent and really set us up for the day, the room spacious, clean and very comfortable (just what we needed, after walking to all the places of interest in Stirling). It has been a pleasure staying there and have recommended to other family members. Will be staying again. Thanks Alison.

Joanne and Connor

• Stayed February 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent B&B away from Stirling city centre, at the bottom of (and with a view on) the Wallace Monument. The old Victorian house is decorated inside with furniture in the same style, creating a unique experience. The owner is a friendly lady who is very passionate about her business and taking good care of her customers. The breakfast is one of the best I have ever had in a B&B, with Scottish or continental options, and a vast selection of cereals, yoghurts, juices, and home-baked bread. There is also a drawing room open for guests with complementary whisky. Finally, amazing value for money.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Very friendly b&b. really lovely double room with en suite bathroom very tastefully decorated. Most welcome complimentary brandy in the lounge before heading out for the night!
Huge breakfast! If I was staying in Stirling I would recommend the old tramhouse.

Room Tip: The double room at the top - room 4 I think
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I booked this on the basis of the reviews on Tripadvisor. We were looking to get away for a night for our anniversary and both had never been to Stirling before. We found the B&B and when we got there, there was a note to say that Alison (the owner) was out so we called the number and she told us to wait in the lounge area. No more than 5 mins later she came in. Alison is a very nice lady and a brilliant host. She gave us lots of information about the area as it was our first time there and she also gave us good recommendations for eating & drinking later on. Our room was room on the top floor and it was just beautiful. Alison very kindly booked us a restaurant for the evening and also booked us a cab into the town centre. I would love to come back to stay at this B&B when the weather is a bit better in Scotland so that we could get out and and about and do a bit more exploring. I would have no hesitation in recommending this place to stay. The breakfast was really nice and was servied in the dining room but it is just one long table. I had no problem at all with this although I think the German men at the end of table found me quite amusing coming to breakfast in my PJ bottoms and a hoodie.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Just recently stayed here for the night, and I have never stayed in a b&b so beautiful as this, the rooms are stunning and immaculate and the manager Alison who runs the hotel with her husband, never met a nicer person, there was 14 of us girls staying in here for the night and she made each and everyone of us feel so welcome,we all had breakfast in the morning it was amazing, everything was so fresh, she even made us fresh homemade bread, a truly amazing hotel with lovely people! Will definitely be back without a doubt, amazing value for money! I would highly recommend this b&b it will definitely not disappoint! Thank you so much! See you I the near future!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends