“Superb return visit”

Ranked #5 of 59 Stirling B&B and Inns
Belper
“Superb return visit”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Last August we stayed here for two nights at the beginning of a three week holiday in Scotland. We were very impressed by Alison's attention to detail and excellent hospitality. As we left she mentioned her on line deals for this April, so whilst still on holiday we booked to stay 4 nights as an Easter break, which we have just returned from. Again we were very pleased to stay with Alison and enjoy the high standards of the Old Tram House. We have now stayed in the family room and the double room on the top floor and both are very comfortable. Breakfast is very good value too and the variety on offer means you can enjoy a very large Scottish breakfast or a lighter option. Alison works hard on maintaining the premises and we saw the improvements she has made for this year. Alison also took care of us by booking evening meals and introducing us to an excellent Indian restaurant in the city centre - we went twice. We will hope to return and say as part of our many Scottish holidays as Stirling is a very good base to explore so much in the area and the Old Tram House in Alison's care is definitely an excellent place to stay. Thanks Alison!

Room Tip: We have seen all the rooms and each one is different but of the same excellent standard. We especial...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
BRITAINBRIT, Owner at The Old Tram House, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
HI ,
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review for The Old Tram house.
It's good to hear from regular guests who return and see the updates I make and I'm so glad you have enjoyed your stay once again here .
Its always a pleasure to have you stay and I,m glad too you enjoyed the changes and the upgraded menu selection .
Good to hear too you found the room upgrades nice and again it makes it all worth while to get such positive feed back.
With kindest warmest wishes.
Alison.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Gavle, Sweden
Reviewed 18 April 2014

It was clean to the spot and very nice decorated. The hostess was excellent. The breakfast was superb with full scottish plate served in a lovely room. We will recommend it to all visitors going to Stirling!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
BRITAINBRIT, Owner at The Old Tram House, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
HI ,
Thank you so very much for your lovely review for us here.
It's so good to know that you enjoyed your stay here and found the breakfast so yummy.
Good to know too that location was great for you ,Causewayhead road is on a main bus route and so easy to reach town in under five minutes by bus or car , also great as if you dont have a car is easy to get the local buses as we have a bus stop across from the property and just to the right of us for coming back the way.
Buses also passing to to St Andrews , Perth etc. which for any one without a car is great.
And of course easy to walk to The William Wallace monument , Stirling University ect.
I hope if coming back to Stirling you'll book here with us as Stirling is also an ideal touring place.
Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
Warmest kindest regards.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Hi , we have just had a week going around Scotland, and the old tramhouse in Stirling was the best B/B that we stayed in . Book yourself a night or nights its great , so clean and tidy, and the breakfast is 1st class.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HI ,
And thank you so very much for your wonderful review of The Old Tramhouse.
I am so glad you found everything to be nice and clean and the breakfast to be first class.
it really is great to get your feed back and I hope that the next time your coming to Stirling you will book back,
You most welcome .
Again .thank you so very much.
Warmest kindest regards
Motherwell
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Very quiet yet in the middle of area. Ideal for touring motorway minutes away, safari park just down road as is stirling castle etc etc food great as was service i stayed for my daughters wedding so used room quite a bit for clothes changes etc. had car park as well which was handy in such a busy tourist area.

• Stayed April 2014
BRITAINBRIT, Owner at The Old Tram House, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Hi to you ,
Thank you so very much for the wonderful review for us.
It was a great pleasure to meet you and all your family and I'm so glad you all really enjoyed your stay here with us ,I m so glad you found everything to a high standard and at a really good price too,
I do hope to see you all back at some point and glad you all enjoyed the wedding which you came to Stirling for .
With kindest warmest regards.
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my dad stayed here during our stay in Stirling. We felt very welcome Alison was amazing she helped us with anything we needed also we slept like kings in the amazing beds very comfortable. The breakfast was one of the best I have ever tried although we did consume a lot of alcohol we was unable to finish the breakfast which we felt guilty about. But if im back in the area this will be the only place I stay id recommend it to anyone in my opinion the best I've ever stayed at absolutely brilliant beautiful interior and great service so I hope to see you again Alison many thanks for your hospitality.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
BRITAINBRIT, Owner at The Old Tram House, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Hi to you .
Thank you so very very much for your wonderful review of The Old Tram house.
I am so pleased that you found everything to a great quality and level here , I really enjoyed meeting you and I'm also glad you found the room filled with all facilities and the beds to be so comfy.
I'm also glad you loved the Scottish breakfast even though yes you had a heavy night out the night before, I do hope you have recovered well.
I would be delighted and look forward to you booking back here in the close future.
You are welcome always, and I'm glad you found Stirling great for a good night out too.
See you soon.
Kindest warmest regards,
Birmingham
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here last night and can honestly say the service, friendliness and rooms were everything I could have wanted! Alison helped me print my boarding pass out too which I couldn't have done anywhere else so she was a big big help. The rooms were lovely, the breakfast was superb, and (almost) everything else was perfect. Only one criticism is that it would be good to have blackout curtains, but it's a minor thing cos I sleep through anything anyway!

Room Tip: If you're tall, some beds have an "end" on them....
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HI.
Thank you so much for this great review.
I'm so glad you found all very comfortable and the breakfast great for you .
It was a real pleasure to meet you and I was only too happy to help with your boarding pass.
I'm glad you are recommending and would be happy to book back here with us .
Can we just add that the curtains in this room are now black out , apologies ,when we upgraded I forgot to do this , especially as all the other rooms have them.
Now sorted and please come back and try, I would be delighted to see you book again.
Kind warm thanks
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Recently stayed at The Old Tram House Sterling while on holiday and loved the B+B, enjoyed the visit very much. Great place to stay, the house is beautiful and good value. Good surrounding scenery to area and close to The William Wallace Monument which is well worth visiting.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family