“Great B&B”

Ranked #5 of 59 Stirling B&B and Inns
Auckland
“Great B&B”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for a night on a very quick tour of Scotland
And even though there was a bit of a mix up with our booking Alison was very quick to keep us informed and was ready to make sure we had somewhere just as lovely to stay if needed.
The room was lovely and the bathroom fabulous
The antique furniture and the decor meant that the atmosphere was lovely and homely whilst being quite special.
Breakfast was delicious and included lovely homemade bread and marmalade
Very handy to be able to walk to the William Wallace monument

2 Thank GillJay
BRITAINBRIT, Owner at The Old Tram House, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
HI to you both.
Thank you so very much for your lovely review for The Old Tram house.
I'm so glad you found all to a high standard and enjoyed the breakfast selection n the guest dining room.
The feed back is most welcome and I do hope to see you both again in the near future.
Its so sorry the booking looked like there was 6 in one party the way it showed on the third party booking site but soon resolved this issue.
It was a real pleasure to meet you both.
Kindest regards.
Alison.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Oberlin, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon. Allison was very friendly and helpful, and offered lots of information about the city. Excellent breakfast, and best vegetarian sausage I had in Scotland!

1 Thank lyndsayem
HI to you both.
I am so happy you both enjoyed your stay here at the start of your honeymoon.
It was a great pleasure to meet you both and again congratulations wishing you all the best for the future, I hope you had a nice time in Scotland.
I'm glad to hear you found everything nice for you and glad my veggie sausage was really liked.
I always have a good selection of main breakfast choices available and happy to offer vegetarian's choices too.
I do hope if coming back to Stirling you will book back here ,hope to see you both again in the near future.
Warmest regards.
New Hampshire
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Thank you, Alison for a wonderful stay. Your guest house is beautiful and your attention to detail is amazing. It was a perfect stop for our first night in Scotland! After travelling all night we were able to relax and recharge. Your breakfast was the best we had on our entire trip. Location was right in the center of where we wanted to be. I would highly recommend staying here - and returning if we ever are back in Stirling again.

Room Tip: They're all beautiful!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy B
Hi to you all.
Thank you so very much for this fantastic review for The Old Tram house.
I'm so glad to hear you found it to a very high standard and so glad you were able to relax and recharge the batteries here .
It was a great pleasure to meet you and I'm always so glad to get great feed back like this , it makes it all worth while.
I do hope if you come back you will choose to book back here ,I hope to see you again very soon.
Thank you for the great comments.
Kindest regards,
Alison
Albany Creek, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We can't speak highly enough of The Old Tram House B&B. Alison made us feel very welcome and everything about this B&B is first class. Beautifully decorated, with plenty of space in both the rooms and the guest's lounge. And the breakfasts are very very good. The position is superb, with a very good local pub and also a lovely cafe within easy walking distance. And bus stops right outside for trips to either the University or City centre. We will definitely stay here next time we visit Stirling.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HI to you both.
Thank you for such a fantastic review of The Old Tram house.
It really was a pleasure to meet you and I'm so glad you found a good high standard here, It's always nice and encouraging to hear this feed back and im, always glad to know how guest have enjoyed everything, and found the room and breakfasts so good, I know you really enjoyed the locality,local pubs and restaurant's and found everyone here so friendly.
Great feed back for this community and myself
I do hope on the next gathering of clans in Stirling we will see you booked back , Thank you for coming to stay.
Warmest regards and wishes.
Alison..
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We arrived after a long drive to a warm welcome from Alison, there was a mix up with our booking which was quickly remedied. The room we stayed in was beautifully decorated, nice and big and with a great bathroom. The breakfast provided was very tasty and comprehensive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
BRITAINBRIT, Owner at The Old Tram House, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
HI,
Thank you very much for your great review of The Old Tram .house.
It really was great to meet you and I'm so glad you found everything to your liking and the breakfast selection great too,.
I do hope to see you back soon in the near future.
Can I just say your booking was fine , it just looked like there should have ben 6 of you the way it had been written in the third party booking providers extranet which I could see was not quite right and should have been placed as a separate booking by them and all was rectified here.
And I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.
Kindest regards.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Beautiful rooms so unique and a lovely touch, owners couldn't be nicer and chatty, stayed two nights for my brothers graduation in Stirling university was only £5 in a taxi or could be a 10 mins walk- ideal.
Breakfast was lovely with a huge variety to choose from would suit everyone. Would definitely stay here again! Really pleasant stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I can't say enough good about this place! After 2 months in Europe (and some dodgy accommodations), we ended our trip in Stirling. We must have saved the best for last, because the Old Tram House was wonderful! Rooms were spotlessly clean, food was wonderful, Alison was so very kind and helpful, rooms were spacious... If you visit Stirling, you need to stay here for a beautiful, relaxing time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family