All reviewsmandi and tomthe main housefresh fruitnice breakfastgreat roombeds were very comfortabletwin roomscotlandhostcastleensuiteguesthouse
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed here the night before taking my 18yr old son to his room near Stirling University Campus.From the moment we arrived Mandi was there and on hand to give us details how to get to town, the University and my son's accommodation 1 mile from the campus.
The breakfast menu kept us both sustained throughout the whole day.......we had lots to do and to not have to stop for lunch was an added bonus.
When I returned on Saturday evening for my final night, alone and upset after leaving my boy.....Mandi was right there at the door to chat, sympathise and offer support to a lone parent....above and beyond the call of duty in my opinion.
Breakfast again on Sunday was delicious and a kind word and pat on the shoulder as I ate kept me going.......subtle reassurance that I wasn't alone.
I have already recommended Auchyle Guest House tonight to a friend and I will definitely be back.....I wouldn't consider going anywhere else :)

Room Tip: I was in Room 5, a twin room, at the side of the house.....watched TV on Friday and Saturday night without feeling the TV was too loud....very 'sturdy' rooms and doors. Important when you have had a very long journey and don't want to go out for the evening...we had a meal in town then returned by 9pm to our room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank marie s
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Mandi and Tom just couldnt do enough to make our stay welcome. The rooms were perfect and spotless. The breakfast absolutely splendid. Definitely one of the best guest houses we have stayed in in Stirling. A personal thanks to Mandi for the offer of help should our son need it during his stay at stirling uni. We will definitely return. Thanks again, see you soon

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank michelle385
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Well maintained guest house with very friendly/helpful hosts (Mandi & Tom). Aside from the great hosts and facilities the guest house is within 12mins walk to castle business park and right next to a huge sainsburys. I stay at Auchyle for most of my business trips and find it to be exactly what I need. Bojan

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank TripperDudy
Reviewed 28 August 2013

That's how it felt. Our "hosts" Haggis and Harry Potter were ably assisted by owners Mandy and Tom who made us feel at home right from the beginning. Our room was lovely, with all the amenities. Mandy offered the washing machine and dryer plus the use of the solarium and kitchen in their guest house next door, which was very much appreciated. Breakfasts were hot, generous and served quickly. Mandy's staff were friendly and efficient. Mandy and Tom are hard workers who obviously love what they do and Tom is a great cook! Their directions for town, places to eat and things to do were really helpful and being located so close to the castle was a bonus. Missing our dog was quickly taken care of by Haggis who is a star soccer player and gave us more of a workout than we gave him. If we hadn't pre-booked all our accommodations for the trip we would gladly have cancelled and stayed with them longer. If we bring a tour over with us next time, we'll happily contact them and book their rooms! Thanks guys for a great stay! Richard, Laurie and Gail - Canada

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank laurich2
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Mandy and Tom have continued to provide us with a warm welcome over many visits to see family and friends, visit Edinburgh or indeed just to tour and enjoy Scotland. The rooms are comfortable, clean and well furnished. The breakfasts are amazing! I was particularly pleased that Mandy was able to accommodate my newly diagnosed coeliac disease and provide me with gluten free alternatives at breakfast.
Over the years the re-development of the Raploch has meant that the road outside has become much quieter.

Room Tip: The lodge, behind the main house, has two en-suite wet rooms downstairs and would provide great disabled access. We stayed upstairs in a very comfortable and qiet room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family