All reviewsmandi and tomthe main housefresh fruitnice breakfastgreat roombeds were very comfortabletwin roomscotlandhostcastleensuiteguesthouse
Reviewed 6 October 2014

I was in a pretty bad mood when my Wife and I arrived - it was our first time driving in the UK and learning to navigate was "fun". As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by Mandi. Before we had even introduced ourselves our bags were in our rooms and beer and wine in hand; so welcoming it instantly improved my mood.

She went out of her way to make our experience a great one even so far as driving us to the Portculis pub. We would have skipped Doune castle if not for her suggestion. It ended up being one of the highlights of our trip so far. The B&B is located within walking distance of Stirling castle (and the town) as well as the bridge. We decided to stay an extra night and enjoy Stirling.

The room was small but clean and cozy with a private bathroom. It was very quite which helped our jet-lagged selves get some sleep.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious and hearty.

If our path should take us through Stirling again we'll definitely stay there.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason W
Reviewed 17 September 2014

Great stop over on the way to north west scotland, welcoming hostess, lovely room, place to store our bikes, plenty of info about whewre to eat on hand (even got offered a lift into town if it was raining) great breakfast. Nothing too much toruble, excellent value for money

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toni F
Reviewed 6 September 2014

I have never tried to sleep on a worse mattress in over 20 years. Mandi really should get a new one for room 3. It had a ridge down the middle and each side (left was worst) had a large dip, having an almost hammock effect. To make matters worse (if possible) the mattress was hard and very noisy so creaked and groaned with every move. We had booked in for 2 nights and for the second night, I slept on the sofa in our room. Apart from the mattress and the fact that the room and ensuite shower room could do with updating, we found Mandi and her husband helpful and polite and the breakfast was well cooked and plentiful with a large choice of fruit, cereal, yoghurts, juice etc. Breakfast was served in a rather small room with most tables to seat 4 which meant sharing a table with other couples. This did not bother us, although it may some, so is worth a mention. Also, breakfast choices need to be pre-booked the night before which I suppose helps the cook but, I feel, not the guests - how do you know you will fancy a big fried breakfast the next morning?

The B&B is not in the best area, seems to be on a council estate but that may be my impression and is a 20 minute walk into the town and Stirling Castle. There is a large Supermarket with cafe over the road. The Wallace Monument is a very short drive away. A good tip is to drive to the park and ride which is just up the road - the bus goes into town every 15 minutes and stops outside the tourist information near the castle. We didn't find a decent place to eat in Stirling and drove to Bridge of Allan instead.

I find it odd that such care is taken over the food at this B&B but that the mattress(es) is/are totally overlooked. I also thought that £74 per night for the room was overpriced and the only reason I have rated this B&B poor is because the breakfast brings it up from being terrible.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 3 until they buy a new mattress
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night and enjoyed a lovely breakfast to set us up for a day sightseeing. Lovely hosts and nice and close to city centre and the northern parts like wallace monument. And a very handy super market across the road..

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AdamHunterTaylor
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed for 3 night last weekend the place was excellent Mandi and Tom were great hosts going out of there way to help in any way they could. The breakfast was out of this world plenty of choice and plenty food as well. Worth the fee for this place and will definitely be going back

• Stayed: August 2014