“Lunchtime family celebration!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pontypridd
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lunchtime family celebration!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I booked a large family celebratory meal in December for my uncle and auntie's 40th Wedding Anniversary, which took place in the Nelson Room.
The staff were extremely welcoming and the food and service was amazing!

I'd definately recommend to anyone who is wishing to book a special treat for family celebrations!

We even had a speical visit from Santa during lunch, which the kids absolutely loved!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kelly g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Porthmadog, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed in room 6 .Beds very comfortable . breakfast exceptionally good .Price very reasonable Staff very helpful ,friendly and polite .Only one niggle no hair drier in bedroom Would Definately stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Marlborough
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed here between two walks on the Brecon Beacons and an evening Rugby match in Cardiff. After a long day on the hills it was very welcoming and the room had a bath which was a bonus! A rural setting in an industrial area with great views. Breakfast was really good and made me wish I had been able use the Restaurant the night before for dinner.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Torpoint, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed in room 2, pleasant room with a decent view. The room was smallish and the bed springs on my side had worn slightly. The bathroom was ok, however some grout needed to be put back around a few of the tiles, Our price was reasonable and the staff were very nice. Food was very good. Drinks were expensive for the area however in line with most hotels we stay at. I'd definitely stay again as it is one of the best hotels in the area of Abercynon, due to fact there aren't many.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side may give you views down into the valley
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Harrogate
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I had to travel to Wales on Business and as my Wife was on Holiday I decided to take her along for a ride as we were going to Bargoed in the middle of the Welsh Valleys. Its a beautiful area and she has never been there before.
I found the Llechwen Hall Hotel on Booking com and could not believe how reasonable the price was as I had checked it out on Trip advisor and it had excellent reviews.
We chose a Deluxe standard room and when we arrived found we were in the Coach House which is a seperate building about 20m away from the main hotel.
The room was enormous and had bunk beds in an alcove just inside the door and a pull out bed setee so we could have slept a family of six in our room. The bathroom was equally spacious with plenty of fluffy towels. So room EXCELLENT. We booked into the restaurant and had an aperitif in the comfy bar area before being taken down a short corridor to the oak beamed restaurant where we had a beautiful meal again at a very reasonable price. Breakfast the next morning was plentiful and tasty and the views across the surrounding countryside were stunning. I was amazed at the quality of accommodation and food for the price definitely great value for money. My wife has fallen in love with the area so we will most certainly be back.

Room Tip: If you are in the Coach House get an upstairs room for the views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed in room 1 on a Monday night with my partner. Staff were very friendly and professional. The room was perfect and had a great view. Missed breakfast as the bed was just too comfy to leave! Would definitely recommend a visit and will be sure to stay here again soon.

• Stayed October 2013
Tullamore
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed here on a Friday night in October with my two sons. Had rooms 9, 10 & 11. Very quiet and very clean, had everything you'd expect. We had this secion to ourselves. My experience of the staff was excellent, in particular, I'd like to mention Keith at reception. He has the most wonderful warm smile, very welcoming, chatty and so helpful to us throughout our too short a stay. A word to the hotel owners.. this man is your hotel's best asset. The other staff were friendly, polite and helpful.
Arrived down just seconds before 10.00 a.m. for breakfas
t (thinking it was served up until 10.30 a.m) and found everything cleared away. That said, we were told to take a table and was given the menu and told to order anything we wanted for our breakfast. Served pipping hot and to order. Tasted delicious.
My sons went out to Pontypridd on the Friday night to sample the night life and came back well pleased at 4 a.m.!!! Cardiff was only a short distance away (20 minutes approx) and really enjoyed shopping in St David's Shopping Mall.
It's a little outside of 'Ponty' and a little off the beaten track but don't let that deter you considering it as a place to stay because it is well worth it. The views are fabulous. I was sorry to read some negative reviews because we had a wonderful experience and next time I'm in the area visiting my son - who's in Uni in Treforrest - I'll not be looking for anywhere else to stay.
Well done Keith and Co keep up the great job and thanks for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: If you are looking for somewhere quiet then room 9, 10 or 11 should fit the bill.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HeleneTullamore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontypridd
Heritage Park Hotel
Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa
Ty Newydd Country Hotel
Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel
Travelodge Caerphilly Hotel

Been to Llechwen Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!