“Tastiest Chinese around”

China Village & China Diner
Ranked #74 of 101 Restaurants in Pontypridd
Price range: US$12 - US$42
Cuisines: Chinese, Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Tastiest Chinese around”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

The food here is always very tasty. Never really had a bad dish.
My only grouch is when you ask for salt and chilli chips, more often than not we get plain chips, or just a sprinkling on the first few. Also, at busy times, I'd rather be told an honest time to pick up the food instead of '20 mins' and then wait another 20 mins in the takeaway.
That aside, would recommend without question.

1 Thank Rhys46

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A quick update - new midweek menu”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We like this place - see my previous reviews. When we went earlier this week they had a new fixed-price option (in addition to the usual menu). As far as I can remember, it was a starter, main and rice/accompaniment for £10. A few restrictions, but nothing major/unreasonable. Phone in advance if you want to confirm the details. Food was lovely as usual. Service remains excellent and friendly. Will be back soon!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bourgeois_Hedonist
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DISGUSTING”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Ordered a takeaway over 2 hours ago cost over £30, Have rung twice and been fobbed off I could have gone to flipping China and brought it fresh by now .. potential customers BEWARE these place cant cope with orders on busy days and the customer service is NONE EXISTANT DONT USE THEM!!!

ORDER 19;28, just been delivered 21:40 point made!

Visited February 2014
“Fantastic Chinese restaurant”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This restaurant serves the tastiest Chinese food I have had in a while.

The food is fresh, well-flavoured and authentic.

I took my wife and colleague. For starters we had the crispy duck pancakes and chicken satay. Both were delicious. The chicken was extremely moist and juicy and accompanied by a creamy satay sauce made to the perfect consistency. The duck was very meaty and served with the usual classics.

For mains we had the Singapore noodles, crispy beef, king prawn and broccoli and chicken in oyster sauce. All were fantastic. The portions were great and the three of us struggled to get through it all.

We met the head chef who is also the owner. He is clearly very passionate about his business and was very flattered with the compliment we have him.

Overall, a great meal, large portions and good value for money. Please try the satay chicken - you will be very impressed.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank DrMakzal
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Did not Deliver”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

After trying a few takeaways for other Chinese I was recommended to try China Village I placed an order at 6.30pm and was told that it would be delivered within an hour and was told that if there was any problems with delivery that i get a phone call Great I thought a takeaway that cares about its costumers I WAS WRONG after an hour and 10 mins I HAD TO CALL them back and was first put on hold then was told that they where very busy I then asked if the order could be delivered in 15 mins making in 1 and a half hours I only live a few miles away I was then told by the person on the phone that she did not know very bad service I will not use this one again and I would advise anybody else NOT TO you should not have to wait over an hour for your order I would have rather people were honest and if they are busy it would have save a lot off wasted time and disappointment.

• Visited February 2014