“Excellent”

Cuisines: British
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Service first class food excellent Room pleasant and clean, staff looked after us and could not fault service we received. We did not fell rushed or pestered just left to enjoy our meal, but not ignored we only had to catch the staffs eye and they attended to us.

Visited May 2014

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“poor”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

not much variety . looks like menu seldom changes . did not taste home cooked more like nuked in the microwave .poor value for money

Visited January 2014
stoke-on-trent
“Brothers wedding”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Went to my brothers Wedding at this venue on Sat 22nd June,great day staff really friendly most helpful,great room food fab, decoration on the tables were lovely,really impressed how quick the meal was served and still hot we'll done to those waiting on us,the down side the ladies loos were very smelly drainage problems I think,DJ at night was very good ,anyone thinking of having their wedding at this venue I don't think you will be dissapointed.

1 Thank trenthamgirl
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Very Dissapointing”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Had Sunday Lunch here to celebrate my parents Golden wedding. I called beforehand to see whether I could drop off a cake that I had baked for the occasion, to which I was told ‘of course’. Unfortunately whilst transporting the cake, I dropped it, although minimal damage done. When it was time to bring the cake out, I was told ‘I hope you don’t mind but I asked chef to tidy it up a bit’. It was unrecognisable, covered in whipped cream that was badly piped. (this cake originally had a marshmallow frosting with little gold baubles to mark the occasion) I was fuming to say the least that they had made an assumption. Really did put a dampner on the end of the meal. When the bill came I asked if they would consider reducing the overall amount. To which I was told ‘most places would have charged you cakeage’ Never in my 40 years have I heard this term or indeed practice! Very poor response and didn’t even apologise.
And so to the meal & service itself – beef was beautifully cooked, however the veg supplied was obviously frozen and overcooked. Service was sloppy. The drinks took over 15mins to arrive (wasn’t that busy as far as I could see) When they did eventually arrive, they were handed to us by holding the very top of the glasses (a bug bear of mine and less than hygienic) very disappointing to say the least and we won’t be going back

• Visited April 2013
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gone down hill”
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We have been going to hotel for 5 years on a new year but last year will be our last one and done think we will be on our own. The food was terrible the starters were so cold you could not taste anything it was like eating a ice cube then the mains half our party had duck the others cod firstly the duck 3 thin slices on top of half a potatoe and a teaspoon of jelly on top which on menu was discribed as fruit of the forest sauce (i dont think so) then the roasted vegtables 2 small pieces of carrot and 2 small pieces of parsnip not bigger then a 10p piece and that was it. the cod meal no better a small piece of cod half a potato with 2 leaves of wilted spinach on top there should of been a white wine sauce only the lucky few had that I was not one of them. the dessert was small round of cheesecake the whole meal could have fitted on a side plate and we paid £46.00 a head for that. Sorry forgot about the band described a high enegy group there ws more enegy in a bottle of pop. At least 2 tables went out and sat in the bar 2 of our party went at 11pm as they could not stand anymore. If anyone is thinking of booking here for next new year take some sandwiches and ear plugs you will probally need them. If the hotel is reading this I am not a complainer but you really need to sort yourselves out you spoilt our new years eve