“Great find!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just back from our first visit to this restaurant and I have to say that whoever left the previous review is as far out with their location as they are with their opinion of this restaurant! Went here for Father's Day with my wife and children. We were seated promptly and drinks orders taken. There were only a few others in at this time ( 18:30) but it did start to fill up. Our waitress Charlotte was highly efficient in taking our main course orders. We had the mega burgers and my wife had the veggie burger. She was delighted with her veggie burger and the homemade chips. My son and myself failed to finish our burgers which were of the highest quality. To my eternal shame when I went to pay the bill I had no change for a tip! I promise to leave a double tip next time! If you like high quality burgers, good steaks, then don' t hesitate in trying out this place. Very competitively priced.

Pontykev, Manager at Grills Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

A brillient place nice food great staff will definite be going there again food was really nice place steak was really great even had desert

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Found this place to have a very good atmosphere and the food is nice and not too expensive. The owner even opened for us on his day off.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

How this trip came a bout is still a mystery to Jeff, who acted as Mr "Clipboard" for the Pontypridd Adventure. For many of the odd, very odd 12 that took on the challenge, it may have been the very first time over the border in too the big "city of Pont". After a few drinks and a bit of navigation, it was a pleasure to find the great hospitality of the team at The Grills Steakhouse. Hidden, as things often are on great adventures, was a very welcome "Oasis" with all the trimmings stuck innocently behind the Llanover Arms. For those of you who like a "steak" with a difference and all the bits, myself and the other odd 11 are more than happy to recommend this small a pleasant restaurant. No doubt I will be putting a posse together again to visit the wild west of Pont. Many thanks again to the team at Grills Steakhouse.

Thank you for your rreview view we look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Living local I used to love this place but after having problems the last twice I visited (a year between visits) I will not be returning!

Steak was not cooked to requirements and even the wrong cuts of steak were served which resulted in the two of us eating separately for what was meant to be a birthday meal. When we spoke to the staff about the mistakes their attitude was very blunt and basically well tough that's how it is.

Sunday lunch advertised as one of the best around but we must have visited on an a off day as pretty poor, much better available in the area.