“Highly Recommended!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 100 Restaurants in Pontypridd
Price range: US$10 - US$48
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Torfaen, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was eagerly anticipating our meal at the grill steakhouse after seeing so many good reviews on trip advisor - it did not disappoint!

The restaurant is a lovely cosy setting that was a lot smaller than expected. The décor was warm and inviting and the tables not too close together which was nice. There were a lot of pictures of those who have tried the challenges which was interesting to see!

Both me and my partner ordered the 30oz Mixed Grill which was just incredible. Every piece of meat was cooked to perfection - in particular the chicken which was cooked perfectly! The steakhouse chips are clearly homemade and were quite possible some of the best I've ever tasted! Somehow we both managed to shoehorn a Sundae down us following the mountain of meat - I went for the Haribolicious Sundae which was to die for! Good quality vanilla & strawberry ice cream with sauce and lots of yummy treats from the Haribo 'supermix. My partner went for the Strawberry sundae which looked equally as delicious!

All the food that was coming out of the kitchen looked incredible - including the burgers & the steaks!

Booking is HIGHLY RECOMMENED and I'd get your booking in as early as possible; especially if you're looking to go on a weekend.
Probably wouldn't bother if you're a vegetarian (it is a steakhouse after all!) - there are veggie options but they must be preordered.

On a whole if you like your meat, steak, burgers, chicken etc. then GO!
If you like a challenge and fancy giving it a bit of Man (or Woman) vs Food then this really is the place for you. Will definitely be going back!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pontykev, Manager at Grills Steakhouse, responded to this review, 9 October 2014
Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again

Blackwood, United Kingdom
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just back from our first visit to this restaurant and I have to say that whoever left the previous review is as far out with their location as they are with their opinion of this restaurant! Went here for Father's Day with my wife and children. We were seated promptly and drinks orders taken. There were only a few others in at this time ( 18:30) but it did start to fill up. Our waitress Charlotte was highly efficient in taking our main course orders. We had the mega burgers and my wife had the veggie burger. She was delighted with her veggie burger and the homemade chips. My son and myself failed to finish our burgers which were of the highest quality. To my eternal shame when I went to pay the bill I had no change for a tip! I promise to leave a double tip next time! If you like high quality burgers, good steaks, then don' t hesitate in trying out this place. Very competitively priced.

• Visited June 2014
“Great food ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

A brillient place nice food great staff will definite be going there again food was really nice place steak was really great even had desert

Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“Nice and cosey place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Found this place to have a very good atmosphere and the food is nice and not too expensive. The owner even opened for us on his day off.

Visited May 2014
Risca, United Kingdom
“Tavern Risca Pontypridd Adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

How this trip came a bout is still a mystery to Jeff, who acted as Mr "Clipboard" for the Pontypridd Adventure. For many of the odd, very odd 12 that took on the challenge, it may have been the very first time over the border in too the big "city of Pont". After a few drinks and a bit of navigation, it was a pleasure to find the great hospitality of the team at The Grills Steakhouse. Hidden, as things often are on great adventures, was a very welcome "Oasis" with all the trimmings stuck innocently behind the Llanover Arms. For those of you who like a "steak" with a difference and all the bits, myself and the other odd 11 are more than happy to recommend this small a pleasant restaurant. No doubt I will be putting a posse together again to visit the wild west of Pont. Many thanks again to the team at Grills Steakhouse.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your rreview view we look forward to seeing you again