“Mother in Laws Birthday”
Review of Grills Steakhouse

Grills Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 101 Restaurants in Pontypridd
Price range: US$10 - US$48
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“Mother in Laws Birthday”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I am not going to go into too much detail but when we looked at the menu as we had to book in advance because there was 11 of us. I was put off by the massive offerings of meat and I personally find this kind of eating as excessive gluttony. Also there was not much alternatives to meat which is a shame.

Anyway the food was OK but far too much fat as the onions rings and sweet potato chips were saturated with cooking oil.

Overall the food was OK if you like deep fried fatty food with excessive amounts of meat.

If you are after a healthy good quality steak I would go somewhere else.

The staff were friendly and they had a good choice of bottled Beers and Cider

Wales, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Visited for the second time and there will definately be a third! Amazing food every time, great value worth every penny.

• Visited July 2014
Pontykev, Manager at Grills Steakhouse, responded to this review, 9 October 2014
Thanks out for your review. We look forward to seeing you again
Pontypridd, Wales, United Kingdom
“Fave steakhouse”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Love going coming here for a nice meal. It's only small so you need to book in-advance. all food is freshly cooked and great quality. It isn't very pricey either!

Visited July 2014
Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again
Newport, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommend!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Went here with my fiance! We had previously visited two years ago but with its growing popularity we wanted to re-try! Although we struggled to book when we arrived we were the only ones in there which did confuse me.. anyway, the two girls who served us were extremely friendly and helpful! I had the mini mixed grill burger which had egg, sausage, and bacon in the burger with a side of mushrooms and tomatoes - i also added a side of onion rings for 50p as I love onion rings and i did also pay an extra £1 for chilli cheese fries (after a trip to florida I LOVE chilli cheese fries) The food was cooked fresh and everything tasted lovely! My egg was cooked perfectly and my main was delicious! My partner also really enjoyed his meal ! (he had a 24oz burger) We then had dessert - brownies and profiteroles.. both were nice but I did feel they were over priced as the portion was very small so next time I would just have my main :)

• Visited July 2014
Thanks for your review. We look forward to seeing you again
Torfaen, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was eagerly anticipating our meal at the grill steakhouse after seeing so many good reviews on trip advisor - it did not disappoint!

The restaurant is a lovely cosy setting that was a lot smaller than expected. The décor was warm and inviting and the tables not too close together which was nice. There were a lot of pictures of those who have tried the challenges which was interesting to see!

Both me and my partner ordered the 30oz Mixed Grill which was just incredible. Every piece of meat was cooked to perfection - in particular the chicken which was cooked perfectly! The steakhouse chips are clearly homemade and were quite possible some of the best I've ever tasted! Somehow we both managed to shoehorn a Sundae down us following the mountain of meat - I went for the Haribolicious Sundae which was to die for! Good quality vanilla & strawberry ice cream with sauce and lots of yummy treats from the Haribo 'supermix. My partner went for the Strawberry sundae which looked equally as delicious!

All the food that was coming out of the kitchen looked incredible - including the burgers & the steaks!

Booking is HIGHLY RECOMMENED and I'd get your booking in as early as possible; especially if you're looking to go on a weekend.
Probably wouldn't bother if you're a vegetarian (it is a steakhouse after all!) - there are veggie options but they must be preordered.

On a whole if you like your meat, steak, burgers, chicken etc. then GO!
If you like a challenge and fancy giving it a bit of Man (or Woman) vs Food then this really is the place for you. Will definitely be going back!

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again