“Theh perfect bar and restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 100 Restaurants in Pontypridd
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This Bar, restaurant and grill is situated in the lively small town of Pontypridd. With a wide range of beers, lagers, ciders and wines, Barinis caters for everyone. As well as the drinks on offer, there is a large food menu to choose from with every dish being superb.The venue can hold large private parties on the upstairs area and is great to watch sporting events on the 2 large screens and 3 42 inch t.Vs.
Llantrisant
“Theh perfect bar and restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

What can I say, visited barinis on Saturday night for a private party and felt welcome from the minute I walked in the door. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, but when the food arrived it looked amazing and the taste was out of this world (cajun chicken is a must). The waiting staff couldn't do enough for us from the moment we sat down. Thanks boys and girls will definitely be back with more friends.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank girlsthatlunch

wales
“Little gem of a place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Been here quite a few times. The Sunday lunch is outstanding, staff are very helpful & friendly. The only downfall is the music is far too loud when you are having Sunday lunch, you can't have a conversation because you have to shout above the noise, please turn it down.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank beachbabe022
SWales
“FAB MOTHER'S DAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

My family and I were so impressed with our Mothers Day lunch we felt compelled to write this review.

The meal was delicious & plentiful, extra gravy supplied and lovely fresh vegetables perfectly cooked as were the home made desserts.

The restaurant was near to bursting yet the service was impeccable. Many thanks to the wonderful chef and Barini's excellent waiters and waitresses.

An added benefit was the singer on the day.

We would highly recommend this bar/restaurant and will be returning.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank SWalesDWilliams
South Wales, New York
“An absolute disgrace”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I've worked in the hospitality industry for over 16 years in a senior HR capacity and was quite literally appalled at the lack of respectability, humility and decorum demonstrated by, as she so brashly put it, 'The owners daughter'.

Having spent at least £300 on food and beverages in the bar on match day, my party of friends and I were treated by the very drunken owners daughter with nothing short of inarticulate disdain.

The situation came about because the kitchen closed at 5pm and we wanted to stay and enjoy the rest of our evening without heading into the town centre. We politely asked the Deputy Manager if we could buy some sandwiches from the Tesco Express next door and eat them upstairs (where there was no-one else around). He was very professional and said, 'Yes, as long as we were very discreet.'

We had finished our food long since, when 'the owner's daughter' came and sat at our table and accused us of bringing food in without permission. Her introduction to loyal, respectable customers was, 'I'm the owner's daughter and are you aware that you are not allowed to eat food on our premises....my father own's this bar and it's not allowed.' There was no 'hi, how are you? Have you had a good time today? Can I just ask if you had permission to bring food in? Absolutely no sign of any hospitality training at all, let alone basic respect. To add insult to injury, she was drunk and continued with her accusations and inaudible verbal ramblings until she satisfied her obvious need to feel superior to ladies and gentleman in their 40's, 50's and 60's.

The Deputy Manager then came to see us and was clearly very nervous that he had made the wrong decision as far as allowing us to eat there was concerned. In my professional opinion, I would consider that he is too good for your environment and has more understanding of how to run a business by fostering loyal, return business in a climate that can be very precarious and reputation is critical to it's success.

Also, as we left, the bouncers had a customer pinned to the floor with his arm around his neck. This young student had had a fare bit to drink, but was completely harmless and was only speaking to us a few moments before.

I've opened restaurants in America and the UK for very well known large corporate brands and never had an experience like it.

My party trusted me to make their day and I felt disappointed and embarrassed for them.

My recommendation to prospective customers, particularly respectable ones with a reasonable surplus income is to 'Stay away from Barini's and spend your hard earned money elsewhere'.

And it goes without saying, definitely avoid 'the owner's daughter at all costs.'

Visited March 2014
11 Thank Janine D
james k, Manager at Barinis, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
On behalf of owners of Barinis

The unfortunate situation that you have written about should never have happened and I apologise for any embarrassment caused to you.
My daughter was not on duty on this day but was out with her friends enjoying the rugby along with 300 other fans. She was on her way back from the toilets when she saw your picnic on the table. She should not have approached you as she was not working, but as it is and always has been a strict policy of ours that under no circumstances are customers allowed to bring in their own food or drink she couldn't turn a blind eye. On studying our C.C.T.V footage, of which you are freely invited to view, we can clearly see food all over the table.
Because you are known to the duty manager, he said you could bring in food if you did it discretely.
This action was unbeknown to anyone else present.

As well as the food she also saw a bottle of vodka in a carrier bag. I appreciate that you told the duty manager that you were not drinking it, but why would you bring in a bottle of vodka if you didn't intend drinking it?
I'm certain that the very large corporate brand restaurants that you have previously opened would have the same policy regarding customers bringing in their own food and drink.
The student that you describe was not a customer of ours. He came into the bar after the game but was refused a drink as he was under the influence of something other than alcohol. He was offered a glass of water and he instantly became aggressive towards a customer at the bar. He was repeatedly asked to leave, which he refused so he was escorted off the premises.
He kept trying to come back in and became increasingly aggressive towards everyone around. He was held in a secure and safe upright position, (sitting down not pinned to the floor) whilst waiting for the police to arrive, by 2 professional members of the university staff and at no time was he in any danger or discomfort.
We work closely with the police to provide a safe environment for our customers and do not tolerate behaviour of this sort.
We are always pleased to receive constructive criticism but find your word very extreme considering that you and your party spent the whole day with us and enjoyed yourselves immensely (c.c.t.v camera).
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Has gone downhill in recent years due to it's almighty pursuit of the student wallet. A no-go on Friday and Saturday nights, but during the week and on Sundays it can still be OK.
I've once walked out the place after not being served despite waiting at the bar for 15 minutes.

• Visited January 2014