“Quaint little place”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Newly Open Last Few Weeks
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I visited with two friends and was pleasantly surprised on the decor and is a very small inside. We had a warm welcome on arrival.

There was quite a good selection on the menu and didn't have to wait long for our food.

Lovely food with good service which felt similar to being on holiday abroad.

Would go there again and would recommend.

They do not serve alcohol, so you can take your own.

2  Thank SimonKiley

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I last reviewed 'Bamboo Grill' in September 2012 and back then the restaurant was young and having visited many times I could genuinely say it was a very very good place to go. Unfortunately, after not going for sometime, I recently returned on two separate occasions and was utterly disappointed!

The first occasion we were left feeling very disappointed with the quality of the food (and also embarrassed as we had ranted on about this place so much to the friends we took along) and frustrated at the length of time it took to be served and then for our orders to actually arrive. In fact my smoothie was brought over around 15 minutes after we had finished our mains. I raised this with them and sadly whereas before they would have gone to the ends of the earth and back to make a good impression, they simply shrugged and presented us with the full bill.

I did however return to give it another chance but this time I was left feeling even more frustrated with the poor service and poor quality of food.

It really does sadden me to write this review because I've had great experiences in the past and had high hopes for its future but I thought I needed to provide readers with an update.

Personally I will not be returning until it is confirmed that it has been returned to its former glory.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I used the take out service yesterday having done this when the place had been opened a short while and it was great but yesterday the food was absolutely gross. The chips were freezing and soggy and the salad was turning with brown edges on the leaves and cucumber that was ageing. The chicken was a greyish colour and I was feeling suspicious about it. The moutabal tasted really strange and I only managed two mouthfulls of that (usually a favourite dish) anyway I have had a really bad stomach since and feel 'off' today. I'm so disappointed because when the business opened I was delighted by the prospect of having a take out facility that served up fresh, non greasy food. It really was something different to all the other hundreds of valleys tAke out services. I will NOT be eating there again. As I was leaving the chef had to rip my receipt and his hands were covered in food bits and juices. I think this is an indicator of poor hygiene practices. Overall really annoyed that I paid high prices to feel unwell today.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Restaurant was well decorated but very empty.

Very good service and staff were polite and friendly. food was nice and well cooked and cheap.

Probably a bit over marketed as the decor etc is a bit upmarket for food it provides but good cheap food and well worth visiting again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Always wanted too try the bamboo for its refreshing approach to marketing in Pontypridd. This little restaurant has a great personality. Its simple inexpensive food serves up some tasty lebanese cuisine. I ate the vine leaves which were served warm for starters and a simple burger and fries for main. Expect friendly service simple food and an affordable bill. Worth a try. Thanks.