“Outstanding service”

The Pottery in Pontypridd
Ranked #74 of 110 Restaurants in Pontypridd
Price range: US$4 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Description: We know good pub food brings people together. At Sizzling, we're all about serving tasty dishes, freshly grilled at prices you'll love. From our 21 day aged prime steaks topped with one of our incredible steak toppers to our deliciously crispy taco salads or build your own kids meals - there's something for all the family.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Fab food and incredible service. Our waitress who I think was called Gaynor couldn't of been better!

General Manager A, Manager at The Pottery in Pontypridd, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Thankyou for your great feedback. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We had a long day out decided to go out for dinner, we waited an hour and a half after ordering food to be told it would be a further 20 mins before it was ready. Service was shocking! Ended up cancelling the order and going McDonald's instead

General Manager A, Manager at The Pottery in Pontypridd, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Sorry you were disappointed with your visit, if you wish to discuss it further please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the pottery.
Many thanks

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Slow would have been an improvement.
Arrived at 2:30 to be told there was a 30 minute wait. By 3:30 we finally got our mains, minus the sweet potato fries I'd ordered. They finally arrived a good ten minutes after everything else. Up to that point the service had been so slow I asked what the wait on desserts was before I ordered them, to be told there wasn't one. We ordered. And waited. And waited. And waited. In the end I went to ask for my money back as we had been sat there for 20 minutes while staff chatted and played on their mobile phones. The slow service may have had something to do with someone in chef whites working the bar and one harassed waitress working her backside off dealing with a whole barrage of similar complaints. The waitress apologised for what she acknowledged was a long wait and refunded in full but said the desserts were ready and would be brought out free of charge. 10 minutes later we were still waiting and left without them.
Not impressed, you'd have to pay me to go back, and then I'd only go if I had a good few hours to spare.

1  Thank Nicola B
General Manager A, Manager at The Pottery in Pontypridd, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Nicola B, thank you for leaving us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one.

The problems that occurred during your visit should never have taken place and I can assure you, I will investigate into it further to understand why these things were happening.
This week we will be undergoing a management changeover and will be eradicating problems such as these immediately.

We hope you are willing to give us another chance. Please reach out to us at 01443843563 so we can work towards a resolution.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Popped in here on our travels for a quick bite to eat. Service was great . Food came out very quickly and tasted great. Drinks tasted as expected. And the duty manager a bit of a dish . Will definitely pop back in if I'm in the area

Thankyou for your lovely feedback. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Visited last week .... what can I say the food was delicious made only better by the wonderful service we received by Dave! Will certainly be visiting again!

Thankyou for your kind feedback, hope to see you again soon