“Great fish & chips "with a view".”
Review of Beachside Barbecue

Beachside Barbecue
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Beachside Barbecue opened in May 2016 as a new concept for Saundersfoot. Located by Saundersfoot harbour, overlooking the beach. We're all about Brisket, Ribs, Chicken and Fish. Featuring melt in the mouth, "low and slow" authentic barbecue cooked in our Hard Wood Pit Smoker (all the way from the USA) and a Lump Wood Charcoal Oven. Taking reservations or walk ins we look forward to welcoming you to Beachside Barbecue.
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Great fish & chips "with a view".”
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Called in at Sunday lunchtime and I had excellent piece of haddock in very light crispy batter, mushy peas (rather a small portion) and chips. Husband had the fishpie with a huge chunk of broccoli and a smallish round portion of spinach&potato - His comment was that the pie was fine but the whole plate of food was a bit "dried out" as though it had been left sitting under lights to keep warm. Our friend's fish cakes were good with plenty of fish in them and she enjoyed the tomato relish served with them but her vegs were just "OK-ish".

We got a window table as the place was not very busy. My haddock/chips/mushy peas was £8.99. We all agreed that each meal was probably about £2 more than we would expect to pay - presumably that covers the cost of the view out the window, which is great!

• Visited May 2011

bristol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth a visit!!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Me and my partner recently visited this restaurant and what can i say! Wot a lovely unexpectected find. I would definately recommend that you book a table as the restaurant was very busy but luckily enough thats what we done. We were greeted by a lovely young lady, think her name was Stacy, who gave us a lovely warm welcome and showed us to our fabalous seaview table. We were recommended to try the seafood mixed platter to share which consisted of grilled haddock, king prawns, salmon, garlic potatoes and chips. I dont usually opt for fish when i eat out but i thought we were by the sea so why not. And it didnt disappoint, it was absolutely delicious and just enough for 2!!!! For dessert we had a chocolate brownie and eaton mess. The brownie was lovely and i was a bit disappointed with the eaton mess as i thought there probably could have been more meringue in it,but it was still delicous. Throughout the whole meal, the service was exceptional and they were all very friendly and attentive considering they were very busy. We never once had to call a waitress over for more drinks as they noticed every time. Next time im down on holiday i will 100 % will booking to eat here again. It is quite expensive but well worth it for the food and service you get.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank BristolBlackbetty
Cardiff
“Ive never complained in a restaurant before until I came here...”
Reviewed 14 March 2011

We have just come back from my birthday weekend in Saundersfoot, we had a lovely time, the weather was nice and the locals are so friendly. Except our visit to Mermaid on the Strand, i really wanted some locally caught fish and thought this place looked nice from the online menu. I made a reservation and clearly didnt have to as it was nearly dead (not a good sign) we sat down and ordered a bottle of bubbly and some starters, i had the whitebait with supposidly tartare sauce (£5.95) - it was dry tasteless and served with what looked like just mayonaise, my boyfriend ordered the mackeral pate in smoked salmon ( £5.95, i think) - tasteless and the salad was droppy and wrinkly. We ate most of this and waited for our mains, i had my favourite dish of all time, the mussles (£10.95) and it came with a baguette and i ordered a side of chips (£2.95) - the most disgusting thing i have ever tasted they were dry rubbery and salty, the sauce which didnt even have any oinion in was obvioulsy put in the dish first after these mussles were bunged on top. the baguette was stale (when i commented on this the waitress said oh would you like me to get you a baguette thats fresh!?!?! so it obviusly wasnt fresh!), my boyfriend decided to treat him self and go for the swordfish steak (£16.75!!!!) at that price we were expecting amazing... again tasteless rubbery and bland - this came with some dried out mangetout and a bit of brocolli and some potato dish which was just as horrible. After complaining ( I actually felt bad as i never complain) we sat there and finished off our bottle of bubbly, then asked for the bill, they obviously took off the 2 main dishes but they left the chips on, i asked for them to be taken off aswell as we didnt eat them, to this the lady just said "but you could have eaten them" i was in shock and couldnt be bothered to argue over £2.95. Pathetic and we left hungry and had my birthday evening ruined. I would definately NOT reccommend this "restaurant" that serves "locally caught fish" (more like straignt from icelands freezer) to anyone except maybe go in there to look at the view!!!

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank wakeyCardiff
Camberley
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Slow service: poor quality of food; wine did not live up to its description; cold and unwelcoming environment. What else can I say?

• Visited February 2011
Telford, United Kingdom
“BEST FISH N CHIPS , FIRST CLASS SERVICE”
Reviewed 3 January 2011

my dad and myself have been going to the mermaid for nearly 15 years, the staff are always freindly, the views area1,the fish n chips are the best, the breakfast/brunch is well worth the money, yes it is dear but atleast you know you are going to enjoy your meal. at the end of the day you get wot you pay for . we travelled all the way from cornwall in august n october just for our fish n chips .new years day you have too pre book a table but it is well worth it has you can watch the charity fun swim it is great .keep up the good work and see you all soon xx. from telford guys xx

• Visited October 2010