“Very disappointing. Poor, slow service”
Review of Beachside Barbecue

Beachside Barbecue
Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beachside Barbecue opened in May 2016 as a new concept for Saundersfoot. Located by Saundersfoot harbour, overlooking the beach. We're all about Brisket, Ribs, Chicken and Fish. Featuring melt in the mouth, "low and slow" authentic barbecue cooked in our Hard Wood Pit Smoker (all the way from the USA) and a Lump Wood Charcoal Oven. Taking reservations or walk ins we look forward to welcoming you to Beachside Barbecue.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Welcome was Ok however after having booked a table and requested a high chair we were disappointed to be sat at a booth with a high chair stuck on the end that meant the staff could barely squeeze past and carrying heavy plates, drinks etc over my daughters head! Considering it classes itself as a fish restaurant the variety of fish on the menu was no more than you would get in your local pub.

Drinks and food order was prompt and requested my daughters food to come ASAP. Food was ordered at 6.15 and by 7.15 I eventually asked for some bread for my daughter. Starters arrived after an hour and a half of waiting and turned up 5 minutes apart. They were average at best.

Wait for mains was fine and they tasted good, a little expensive for what they were. Again, the same with the deserts. Service was slow probably as the waitress was more interested in telling another table her life story than serving customers. Had to physically go up to one of the staff to ask for the bill as there was no one around.

We go every year but will not be returning next year I'm afraid.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I took 6 family members to lunch in Saundersfoot. It was a celebration lunch for my 2 daughter's birthdays. Include was my daughter's son 8 month old Harri.
I had booked by telephone a week prior because being the holiday season I surmised that the restaurant would be busy.
We arrived 20 minutes early but we were pleased that they could accommodate us anyway. We had a sea view and a table for 6. A high chair was provided for Harri. Iced water and glasses was provided without needing to ask.

Service was attentive but not intrusive. Thank heavens that they didn't keep asking us if we were enjoying our every 5 minutes. Empty plates should have told them anyway!

We ordered drinks whilst we contemplated the varied menu. Most of us settling for different variations on sea food. Pudding selection was more limited but we all found something we liked and portion sizes were generous.

All in all a very enjoyable meal in pleasant surroundings with cheerful staff. This is not a "posh" restaurant with starched linen. Rather more bistro in style. Perfect for an informal lunch.

Oh and the loos were clean and fresh but up a steep flight of stairs that will challenge less spritely diners.

For 5 main courses and 5 puddings plus 2 bottles of Pinot Grigio Rose the bill was £120 without gratuities. Not the cheapest but fair we thought.

Stbrides-1, Manager at Beachside Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for visiting us recently. I am pleased that you enjoyed your meals and liked the restaurant views. I have shared your comments with the team and hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards
Sarah

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Staff took us to a table and left us alone. We asked for drinks and were completely ignored. The staff were too busy laying tables although they did not have any customers waiting for them!! After a while I went to use the toilet facilities which were not very clean. At this point we decided to leave!!!! I would review at zero if the option existed!!

1  Thank jane l
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Look for the Mermaid gift shop and above it is a wonderful fish restaurant. This is no starched white table cloth place; it concentrates on good food that reflects the fish caught and seasonally available. I had a great filling meal and at a reasonable price too.
Find this place out and give it a try and you won't be disappointed.

Stbrides-1, Manager at Beachside Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you very much for this great feedback! I am delighted you enjoyed your meals and have recommended us so kindly. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Sarah

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Really disappointed. I love seafood but cannot get up to your the mermaid as am in a wheelchair. No disabled access is discusting! What you gona do about it?

Thank you for your comments and I appreciate your frustration, but due to structural constraints of the building itself we are unable to make The Mermaid accessible at present for a few different reasons. We cannot install a lift as we do not own the ground floor premises and a stair lift would still not be able to access the top floor where our toilets are currently situated.

This is something we are keen to resolve so please do bear with us and rest assured we are doing all we can. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me on 01834 811 873.

Kind Regards,