“Cafe and view”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Cafe and view”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

If you just want coffee and a bite and not too expensive, this small cafe is ok. The bonus is that it has a view over the beach. Well, the tables right at the bottom do. Always go down to the end of the room. Service is quick. Reasonably cheap and cheerful.

Visited May 2014

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Experience!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We (2 adults ,3-year-old, 8-month-old) needed a light meal after 1.30pm, and went into the first place we saw.HOW glad we were. Clean tables, and a very comprehensive menu - The children's menu had about ten choices with variations in it, and the friendly and efficient staff also had no objection to one of the adults having a child's meal. When our choices arrived, they were obviously just cooked, and hot! Dressings were provided for us at the table without being asked for. It is a pity the terrace can only accommodate a very few people, some of whom obviously intend to spend an hour or two watching the beach!.It's worth mentioning that this establishment boasts a category 5 hygiene rating - well deserved from what we could see.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TheoldwomanbedfordUK
Devonport, United Kingdom
“Great view.”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Desperate for a cup of tea, and loving a view, we decided to try the Shoreline Cafe. The staff were friendly and happy to accommodate a small mobility scooter. We made for the terrace with its lovely views of the beach. Tea and toasted tea cake arrived quickly and we enjoyed it. A family with two little girls were were having a meal. The staff were wonderful with the children and couldn't do enough for them. The mother knocked over her glass of red wine, accidents happen, but it was promptly dealt with in the nicest way. The owner even replaced her glass wine, "compliments of the house". That's what I call service. If I have any criticism it's that the outside terrace would benefit from a little TLC. After all, the cafe is modern, the setting wonderful. Could be even better. Just a suggestion.

• Visited May 2014
west midlands
“Outside seating with great view”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We only came in here for a hot drink but found out they had outdoor seating overlooking the beach which was great! Could have spend all day out there!

Visited April 2014
“Poor......”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for a Sunday afternoon meal. Looks lovely and inviting from the outside, and gives the impression of somewhere one would like to dine.

We walked in and stood for a moment guessing if we should just grab a seat where we wanted or be seated by a member of staff - something that happens in most restaurants.

Found a table, viewed the menu from the choice on a blackboard - nothing wrong with this so far.

Approached the bar to place an order and it came to around £43 with drinks. I grabbed my VISA card only to be told they don't accept cards. I had no cash on me to that value and was told that there was a cash machine just up the road.

This got me off onto a bad foot straight away!! What restaurant doesn't take cards!!

So I walked to the nearest cash machine that I could find - out of order, then eventually found one that I had missed right by the restaurant. Ok ok my fault for not finding it!

So, ordered food, then went on a walk to find an ATM. Not good so far.

Meals arrived, and as per other reviews it was a little microwaved. Nice fries, nice salad, but no better than a local pub meal.

I watched and made jokes as others approached and placed their orders only to be told "no cards accepted", and then watched as the bemused husbands sought the purses of their wives, or ask me where I had cash from!!

So, call me a moaning old sod if you want, but I think most parties of 4 would enter a restaurant expecting to be seated, be table side served, be able to pay by card.

Other than that, not a bad restaurant

1 Thank Rob H