“Everything you don't want a cafe to be” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shoreline Coffee Shop

Shoreline Coffee Shop
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Delicatessen
Good for: View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Altricham, England
“Everything you don't want a cafe to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I don't like writing bad reviews, but sometimes some places don't help themselves !
The Shoreline does have great seating outside, but if this is full then the inside is pretty cramped. We sat at the big table at the front by the window, but constantly felt like we had to move to let people through.
Prices are a bit steep for me, and reading other reviews I'm glad I didn't go for the very expensive burger !!
My bacon sandwich was quite good, but the bread definitely tasted like frozen bread defrosted.
The most baffling thing was the way all the meals arrived separately, over the space of 10 minutes. The last meal to arrive was the child's meal, and I had finished mine by the time it had arrived.

So overall I think there was plenty more choice in Saundersfoot for places to eat, and we really didn't choose the best !

Visited June 2014

Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Probably a nice place if you're out for a drink. The food is both awful and expensive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Went out for lunch on the first afternoon of our holiday. The restuarant is located close to the centre of saundersfoot and on first impressions the shoreline looks nice. There are lovely views out back and the the chalk board outside advertising the 100% british beef shoreline burger for £10.95 had me thinking the food must be decent. I find out at the bar that cheese is an extra £1 but hey-ho i'm sold on the burger now so no turning back. I was asked to pay for the food upfront which is never good in my experience and 30 odd quid later for 2 adults and a child meal we're sat near the door when a lady walks past directing a passing swipe at the barmaid that the food is the wosrt she's ever experienced and that moment i know we're in trouble. The food arrives shortly after and all thoughts of my succulent home made burger evaporate completely. Cod goujons for the little one were not even birds eye quality and had been burned under the grill and the burger i was surved up with was akin to something i would happily pay £4 for from a burger stand at a festival after a skin full of ale. I had to laugh when i read someone else's comment on here about burger as i did exactly the same and removed the burger and eat the rest. My missus ate the fish pie. It was like no fish pie i had ever seen but to be fair we'd been on the beach all day and were all pretry starving. If i hadn't already paid i probably would have complained but didn't really want to take the gloss of first day of the holiday. Staff never once asked if we enjoyed our food as i guess they probably already know having recently microwaved it. As i said, probably would have enjoyed the place if i'd just been out for a drink but the food really is awful. On a positive note the food at the chemist in 100 yrds down on the road on the same side, enjoying the same views serves excellent food and provided me with the burger i was hoping for on day one. Cheaper than shorline, the wild boar and chorizo burger was something special. It also cost me a tenner less to feed the family than shoreline and in terms od both food and service there is simply no comparison to made.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank russell E
Midsomer Norton, United Kingdom
“Friendly cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were staying a couple of nights in Saundersfoot and had earmarked a place for an evening snack, which turned out to be shut. We had a look around and Shoreline seemed to fit the bill nicely. We had a friendly welcome and enjoyed a reasonably priced meal. Yes, the meals came out the freezer and went into the microwave, but we have absolutely no complaints. After all, if Shoreline is good enough for DJ Johnnie Walker and James from the Manics...!

• Visited May 2014
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here twice , and both times the service was excellent , the salmon and cream cheese baguettes are truly recommended , lovely sea view location :)

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great sea views”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

A great place for lunch with amazing sea views if you can get a table on the balcony - although it could do with general clean up and paint out there to make it a more pleasant place to sit. The food is reasonably good but not particularly memorable - we had some good spicy nachos and a cheese and pickle sandwich, which came with a good-sized salad and delicious coleslaw.