“Best meal had out in a very long time!!”

The Old Chemist Inn
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family pub and restaurant with large beer garden which provides direct access onto Saundersfoot's award winning beach. Good food served daily. Real Ales. Happy hour between 4-6pm. Live music throughout the main summer months. Dogs are welcome in our beer garden and bar area.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

As a family we have eaten here many times and never been disappointed. The menu has a lot of choice ranging from burgers to steaks and Sunday lunches which are always great value for money and very fresh. It is a lovely friendly pub right on the beach with fab views great atmosphere and really nice staff. I would definitely recommend this pub.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We recently holidayed in saundersfoot and came to the chemist in recommendation from our hosts. We spent a few evenings and lunchtimes in here. The food is beautiful and excellent value for money - particularly the fish specials. We enjoyed drinks out on the patio while the kids entertained themselves by the stream on the beach (fantastic spot) and the staff were always really cheerful and welcoming. Will return one day (hopefully next year!)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We came here recently after being recommended by a local guest house.
The bar is lovely with interesting old pictures dotted around. Lots of choice with regards to real ales for the hubby. We were seated in the restaurant and were lucky enough to get a window seat overlooking the beach and Monkstone point in the distance. The staff really go out of their way to make you comfortable. My husband and I both had starters (Tiger Prawns pan fried in a garlic, lemon & chilli butter and I had the home made pea and mint soup). Both were 10/10
For mains I had battered Cod and Home made Chips and my husband went for the mixed grill. The Cod was enormous and the Mixed Grill also. The steak on the mixed grill was a proper thick cut of rump steak and all was grilled to perfection, oh and the Onions Rings were the size of my plate.
All in all with a bottle of wine and a couple of pints the bill was surprisingly very good.
I will definitely be returning to the Old Chemist Inn.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is an average restaurant, great for the kids as they can just go and play on the beach. Good for drinks but if you are staying for food, they won't cater for all of your needs. We asked for half rice half chips with our meal but they said, I'm sorry its too complex. They said this after making us wait for our meals for about 2 hours. But apart from that visit, it is an ok place.

OldChemistInn, Manager at The Old Chemist Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hello, Thank you for your review. I'm afraid that none of our staff can recall your visit and having tried to contact you privately via Tripadvisor to get more details we have received no reply which I find a little odd.

We serve both our mushroom strogonoff and chicken curry dishes with half and half as an option. With any other dish customers are more than welcome to order a side of rice or chips and certainly would never be told that this is "too complex".

In addition to this the longest wait on food we have had has been 45 minutes which was on an extraordinarily busy night. I know this because I am at premises at all times during food service. In this event all customers were pre-warned that the wait on food would be up to 45 minutes. We have *never* had a two hour wait for food and I highly question whether anyone would actually wait this amount of time from ordering to receiving food.

I am sorry that you were somewhat disappointed with your visit to The Chemist Inn and I am also sorry that after contacting you direct we have not been able to get more details. I do however feel that much of this review has been highly exaggerated which is a shame for both ourselves and the staff who work very hard throughout the year.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Like a lot of the places in Saundersfoot, the old chemist is a little quirky with a lot of character.