“Pleasant evening”

Ranked #14 of 41 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our Cliff Restaurant and Gallery Bar have the most dramatic views across the bay and harbour that are constantly changing throughout the day.Whether you choose to join us for lunch or dinner, we can assure you that the finest Pembrokeshire produce and locally landed fish will feature on the menu.Our menu changes to ensure we serve the best produce each season has to offer.Toby, Simon and the Kitchen Team are committed to using fresh ingredients, simply cooked, to make the best use of natural flavours.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Staff were courteous and accomodating.
View breathtaking. Clarity of roles in waitressing was not always apparent and led to a service below previously experienced standard at times.
Food was good.However reference to crab in the selected starter was a misnomer and one had to look around on the plate to see any evidence of crab or indeed the taste of crab.The smallest of morsels was on the plate.
Fish for the main course was delicious .Impressed that they were prepared to steam the fish as opposed to the menu stated pan fried .This was much appreciated.
A friendly restaurant.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were staying across the road on the 3 night trip in Saundersfoot and ate here on the second night. We were offered two different menus, the main menu and "The Gallery" Menu, we were absolutely spoilt for choice... I had a steak from the Gallery Menu and it was absolutely delicious. I was there with my mother and sister and all three of us cleared our plates completely. We were so impressed we came back the following evening and ate from the main menu which again was very impressive. Staff very efficient and polite, one lady in particular helped us with our questions about the chutney on the cheese board!
Great atmosphere and overlooks the bay which is very lovely. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank Olveragirl
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The food was good, the view was incredible and the staff were very helpful. A delightful experience for both of us. We willcertainly come back again

Stbrides-1, Manager at Cliff Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you. We really appreciate your feedback and hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Spent a beautifully sunny weekend in May at St Bride's with my wife for an anniversary treat. We were given the friendliest and most professional of welcomes by the staff and shown to a perfect, sunny room with patio doors leading to a balcony/terrace which afforded superb views over the harbour, beach and stunning Pembrokshire coastline towards Swansea. A sunny afternoon was spent happily walking the coastal path to Tenby, followed by wallowing in the amazing infinity saltwater pool and gazing out over the bay.
We booked for dinner on the first night in the hotels' Cliff restaurant ; if the food were served in a trendy London restaurant,newspaper critics would be swooning. My wife ordered smoked duck with a red wine dressing and I had black pudding with spinach and poached egg - both were superbly executed and delicious. I then had a memorable main course of snapper with couscous and my wife indulged her carnivorous tendencies with a fine fillet steak and chips cooked in truffle oil, which were easily the tastiest chips either of us have ever eaten. 2 delicious puddings followed, all washed down with a lovely, robust, complex Mendoza for my wife and a crisp Zinfandel wine for me. Fabulous value at around £50 per head.
The breakfast and lunches were equally epic and we both decided it was as chic and memorable as any place on the cote d'azour we've encountered. We will be back, certainly, but in writing this review I had to overcome a selfish desire to keep this wonderful hotel a secret...

Stbrides-1, Manager at Cliff Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Wow! Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share your experience of St Brides and indeed, The Cliff Restaurant. We are all delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and that our food made you happy. I have shared your kind words with the whole St Brides team and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Just stayed at this pretty hotel and ate at the Cliff Restaurant two nights. You can't reserve a table by the window because it's first come basis, even if you're staying in the hotel, having dinner as part of the 'package' and the restaurant is half full. Not very classy!

The service is - where do I start. We were greeted my Gustav who after I changed tables twice said he was going to tie me to the next table so I stayed there. Then there were at least six different waiters coming to our tables every with various things, and continually asking us if we were alright. There was a few language barrier problems as most of the were Eastern European - although well intentioned, one young lady didn't seem to know what was in a appetiser and I got something I didn't want. I don't know who's running this restaurant but the kindest thing I can say is they need more training and a new manager that knows what's he's doing. The food, once... we got it was nicely presented, (French Onion soup the worst I've ever had but the tomato and basil the next night was lovely). Chicken, duck and beef dishes okay - overpriced and bordering on pretentious. I asked for a fish knife as the fish is served boned but got a confused look another waiter was called over and then I was told they don't have any.

We were served breakfast by George from Hungary and he was very efficient and friendly. Andy slammed things down on the table and looked like he hated working there. Not a happy restaurant.

I did eat at there sister restaurant The Mermaid one night and the service from Micheal and Sarah was excellent, food good - well priced. At present I'd say this restaurant is unreliable and would try the new Coast restaurant if you want a view and class.

2  Thank Miquelon332
Stbrides-1, Manager at Cliff Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your comments.

We believe that the only fair way of allocating window tables in our restaurant is on a first come first served basis on the night. So, the earlier on in the evening you choose to dine, the more likely it is you will be sat next to a window. I am sorry that we were not able to seat you next to the window on this occasion.

It was in fact myself who greeted you and my team of multi-cultural waiting staff. The majority of which are not Eastern European but a diverse mix of keen workers from all over Pembrokeshire, further afield in Wales and also England.

We do currently have a few new members of the Food and Beverage team who have joined us for the summer season and so I apologise if our standards were a little compromised due to our on-going training programme. This should not affect our diners experience and so I appreciate your feedback.

Had you mentioned you were not enjoying your French Onion Soup we would have changed it immediately as we always aim to exceed guest expectation. It would have been helpful for us to understand exactly why you disliked it in order to feed that back to the Chef.

I am pleased that George impressed you at breakfast - your kind comments have been passed on and I can assure you that we do have a very happy Restaurant team.

We do hope you try us again another time and look forward to welcoming you back then.

Kind Regards,