“A Gem”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saundersfoot
Worcester, United Kingdom
“A Gem”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Stayed for two nights on a dinner, b&b deal. Standard and variety on menu of evening meals were excellent and the price on the menu for the casual dinner showed the good value of the deal we had.

We had a second floor room overlooking open countryside and loved its character and beautiful view. Real milk in the fridge rather than UHT or powder milk was very welcome. The large en-suite bathroom with separate bath and shower was a great facility.

The décor of the whole hotel is very good and relaxing and cleanliness was of a very high standard. Staff were very well trained and friendly. Reception, in particular, was very professional. Spa staff very good and treatments were not overpriced. Spectacular views from hot tub is a great feature.

Liked the thank you email that was received just after we got home, with a special deal offer on next stay, and will definitely be going back before very long.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
StBrides, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Fantastic! We are all so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing a welcoming and friendly, yet professional standard of service which I am so pleased to read you appreciated.

Your kind words have been fed back to the whole team, so thank you very much and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Leicester
Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip. The staff were very friendly and professional. I stayed in a sea view room with a lovely little balcony. Rooms very clean with all you need. The only item I would improve is the power of the shower. It was powerful enough but I have had better. Breakfast was really good and the decor excellent

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you very much indeed for your positive feedback and for choosing to stay with us on your business trip.

Your comment regarding the power of your shower is unusual. Our showers have an adjustable power dial and once turned up to the higher setting, they provide a strong stream of water. If you experience anything like this on your next stay, please bring it to our attention during your stay so we can investigate the issue.

We do hope to welcome you back to stay again soon.

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Great location and all round a very good experience with some very good staff

Their charging structure is odd. It wasn't a great start when we thought we were paying way over the current specials deal. Really annoying was their inability to accurately split a bar tab across 3 accounts. It's only the 21st century after all! This extends to customer loyalty. There were three couples on the trip all of whom paid substantial bills. Not all of them got the "thank you for your company - please come back" message .... Not good enough!

The bar staff seem to get stressed quickly too. I asked what particular mixers they had to go with champagne and the response shouted across the bar was "we'll sir why don't you try asking" implying they had everything. Amusing then when I asked for peach to make a Bellini and the barman looked sheepishly and shook his head. He and I never really saw eye to eye after that!

However the spa therapists are amazing! We travel widely and enjoy spa breaks across the globe. These therapists are amongst some of the best

The food is good - not outstanding and I'd recommend you dine out at least once every other day- the menu doesn't change that much

Rooms are well appointed and maintained. Ours had a problem with plumbing leaving an odd smell but that was quickly dealt with. Lovely beds

So. With a couple of tweaks, and some time out for the bar staff this place will be outstanding. Our review might seem damming. Its not ... we are just very frank. We are definitely going back.... We'll write a review again then

• Stayed October 2012
StBrides, Manager at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Thank you for your comment and choosing to stay with us at St Brides. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

We feel that our rates accurately reflect the experience and quality that we offer at St Brides as we do like to add value whenever we can. As well as full breakfast, we also include complimentary car parking, unlimited high speed wi-fi, use of the fitness suite and complimentary sessions in our Thermal Suite and Hydrotherapy Pool in our spa. We also run fantastic promotions out of season which add even more value to our tariffs.

It is dissapointing to read that you felt a lack of welcoming atmosphere throughout yourr stay. All of the team here at St Brides are trained to provide a high level of customer service and so your comments shall be thoroughly investigated to ensure that these standards are being adhered to.

Thank you for taking the time to provide such helpful feedback and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to St Brides Spa Hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Andrew Evans
United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Stayed for two nights on dinner, bed & breakfast basis & food was excellent. We paid a bit extra and upgraded to a room overlooking the sea, which was amazing, huge room & bathroom. Could not fault anything about the hotel and the pool is awesome overlooking the sea & beach.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
StBrides, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Thank you so much for staying and providing us with this review. We work tirelessly to maintain our high standards and it is feedback like yours that makes it all worthwhile.

I have passed your kind comments on to the whole team and we all look forward to welcoming you back to stay again soon.

Petworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We held a family celebration here recently, and the level of service was outstanding, from the initial booking arrangements - congratulations to Rhian - through to the actual party, and our three night stay. The staff responsible for the event, were very helpful and charming - congratulations to Christophe and Martin, the latter being the only Welsh speaking Slovak I have ever come across!
If you book an event here, you are in safe hands.
Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
StBrides, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Fantastic! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide both myself and the team with such encouraging feedback. It was our pleasure to host your family celebration at St Brides and we are all so pleased that you all enjoyed the day.

Your kind words have been shared with the whole team and we all look forward to welcoming you back to St Brides again soon.

Surrey
Reviewed 1 October 2012

All expectations met and mostly exceeded for recent 4 night stay. This hotel delivers on everything and the small touches such as chilled glasses for beers in the bar are what makes it excellent rather than just very good. The 90 minute spa experience is one I would definitely want to come back for again. Choose a best room with sea view overlooking Saundersfoot and you will not be disappointed. The food was brilliant, breakfast cooked to order and evening meals to rival top quality restaurants. Wish there were more seaside hotels like this. I hope to return before too long.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Isle OfMan
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Returned to this hotel first week in September after some very good previous experiences.

First the good points: Wonderful location amazing views over the bay from public areas and spa. Food was very good again.

The breakfast menu made good use of local produce (such as lava bread). Be adventurous and try it!
Evening meal was very enjoyable too - food tasty and well presented. Excellent and fresh tasting fish -only thing I didn't enjoy was the cheeseboard but the selection probably didn't match my particular taste.

The Spa has a very good range of facilities and things don't get crowded which all adds to the peaceful and relaxing ambience
This had previously been one of my favourite hotels but this visit has changed my perception. On arrival we were shown to our "Best Twin/Double Room". I was surprised as I had paid the highest price when booking the room so had assumed (wrongly) that we would get a sea view room with balcony for £220.

When I raised this with the Management the explanation was that we had booked the best Twin/Double without a Seaview (we had a road view) although this legend does not appear on the booking form. We were informed that a Sea view room was available but that we would have to pay an additional £70. I asked that as it was a Wednesday would they be prepared to upgrade us as we were spending a lot of money in the hotel but this was politely declined. When I queried why we had not been allocated this room as the "best room" at the time of booking it was explained that the seaview room had probably been booked and cancelled after I had booked. Rather than disappoint my travel companion I paid for the £290 room.

In addition when I booked the Spa massage I was quoted a price of £60 , When we arrived we enjoyed the massage but our time in the Spa area was booked AFTER the massage . As we had completely relaxed (and been covered in oil) it would have made more sense to have the Spa first and then the massage. I checked the price on leaving and it was confirmed as £60 , but on the bill it turned out to be £130 for two (£65 each). To be honest , I let this go as the final bill for one night was over £500 for B&B -the evening meal and the treatment - but I just ended up feeling that we had paid too much for the whole package.

I feel as if the room descriptions are ambiguous Best Room should mean Best Room (it doesn't even say "Best Available Room") and if you are not getting a Sea View room it should make this clear.

We were on a touring holiday and stayed at other "high" end hotels which we felt offered better value.

On your first visit there certainly is a "Wow" factor but on this occasion some of the magic went.and sadly this may be slipping down my list of places to revisit following our experience.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank zepheshow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saundersfoot
Heywood Spa Hotel
Atlantic Hotel
#4 of 23 in Tenby
Broadmead Boutique B&B
Penally Abbey Hotel and Restaurant

Been to St Brides Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!