“The most relaxing hotel I've ever stayed in”

St Brides Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saundersfoot
West Wales
“The most relaxing hotel I've ever stayed in”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

From start to finish, everything was first class in this terrific hotel in such a lovely part of Wales.
A double room with sea view for one night cost us £240. Yes expensive, but what a treat.
It was nice to do all the arrangements and transactions in Welsh? Both Angharad and Nia in reception speak Welsh. Diolch am y croeso.
On arrival, Nia took us to the room, and showed every thing we needed to know.
The hotel is beautifully renovated. Very modern and nice touches from the scented toilet paper to the sweets left on the bed, and from a personalised letter in the room on arrival to a pint of fresh milk in the fridge.
The weather was fantastic, therefore it was worth having a room with sea view and overlooking Saundersfoot.
We dined in the restaurant. The staff there were all French, but most produce were sourced locally. We really enjoyed the food. Good service and nice atmosphere.
First class breakfast as well.
Included in the price was the use of the spa facilities for 90 minutes. I could have stayed there all day. Both the spa and restaurant over look Saundersfoot and the harbour as well.
Checkout was at 11am. A bit early for me because I wanted to stay for longer.
My wife has fallen in love with the place, therefore will will return soon.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Diolch yn fawr! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and that you received a warm Welsh welcome. Here at St Brides we believe it is the little things that make a stay memorable and we work tirelessly to maintain our high standards to ensure our guests leave wanting to return.

Look out for our winter 'escape' promotions which offer added value!

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Halesowen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Have just returned from a 3 night stay at this fantastic hotel.We stayed here in 2005 and since then more rooms and a fabulous spa have been added making the break even better.To the owners of this hotel I have to say you have a wonderful Hotel,Fabulous location but most of all fantastic staff throughout the hotel who really make it a pleasure to visit.We shall be back again September 2014.

John & Beth Barrett (Room 202)

JB.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your stay. I am delighted to hear you had such a fantastic time at St Brides, we pride ourselves on delivering consistently high standards of service and I am pleased that the team made your return stay special.

We look forward to welcoming you back next September.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

A special birthday break at this very special hotel. Friendly, attentive staff. Excellent food (a little rich for some) served in impressive dining room with views over the bay. Well furnished, comfortable bedroom.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your generous words and I have passed these along to the team. I am pleased to hear you had such a great stay for your special birthday and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Just went last week, as been when we were children, and remember the Hotel on the Hill,
My Husband wanted to go back and see what it was like, and to stop in the Hotel on the Hill!
we were not disappointed, we had a lovely stay, Hotel very clean, food very good, staff very good,
found the spar very good and we loved the infinity pool, this was in with the room, £210 a night
for this room with sea view, we just found the room a bit small, not much room to put clothes if you were staying longer! but still lovely room, will go again.

1 Thank jillian d
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at St Brides. I am pleased to hear that your expectations of the ‘Hotel on the Hill’ lived up to what you hoped we would be. I have passed on your kind words to the team and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This was a special treat for a bride-in-waiting and her mum. With 4 days to go a pamper session seemed like a good idea. And it was . We had a fantastic time allowing a whole day for the pamper for two package. The weather was fine and the views spectacular but we were there for the quiet and soothing spa experience. We cant rate it high enough!! It was a brilliant time, fabulous food, comfy rooms and the spa day was superb. The staff were friendly and helpful, mindful of the bride to be and couldn't do enough for us. Other than paying silly money for a bottle of water ( my fault- forgot to say TAP water) the 3 days away was blissful. And the wedding... was lovely .The bride was glowing and relaxed. Mission achieved. Thank you St Brides

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
I am so pleased to hear that you both had such a fantastic time before the bride’s big day and have told the team of your generous words. The view is something we never get tired of so we’re glad to hear you agree there! We are all glad to hear that the wedding itself was lovely and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bedfordshire, England
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We made then amended our booking prior to arrival which was handled efficiently and confirmation emails received summarising changes. Warm welcome on arrival then personally shown to our (best) room and given assistance with luggage. The hotel has a ‘boutiquey’ feel about it and the service felt personal and friendly. The room size was smaller than expected however the view over the bay and round the headland was to die for. We were allocated room 115 which was on the corner with dual aspect hence more light. The room was spotless and the fixtures and fittings were of a very high standard. The bathroom was ‘open plan’ to the bedroom which I am not a huge fan of however this wasn’t an issue for us (the toilet door was frosted glass which didn’t give the feeling of total privacy). I requested a glass be delivered to the room when the turn down was performed and this was duly delivered and toiletries were regularly replaced.

The bar was calm and comfortable and the wine I chose delicious. For our evening meal I requested a table by the window (obviously for the views) and I was assured this would be accommodated if possible. We were later shown to the most perfect table and enjoyed a heavenly meal – I wished the night could have lasted forever. It was so romantic – or was that just because I have a lovely husband?! Both mornings we were shown to the same table so the view once again set us up for the day. At breakfast the morning we were leaving I lost an earring and the Manager and staff could not have been more helpful. I did find it in my clothing however I was impressed with their concern. I would definitely return and recommend to others.

Room Tip: 115 - A corner best room so dual aspect with more light.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
StBrides, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience of St Brides. Here at St Brides the view is something we never tire of and I am pleased to hear you agree with us!

Being the only destination spa hotel west of Cardiff our guests believe that our tariffs reflect the quality and standard of service we provide and offer great value for money.

It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed your visit and that the team made your stay special. We work tirelessly to maintain our high standards and ensure our guests leave wanting to return. Your kind words have been shared with the whole team who hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

What an absolutely stunning hotel. My wife and I had a short, special 1 night break, away from our 3 and 5 year olds and really could not have hoped for a more perfect place.

From the welcoming and friendly staff to the sensational panoramic views this hotel is superb. Our room was a "Good with balcony and seaview" and whilst not facing the harbour (the ultimate view I would say) still gave us a breathtaking sweep of the ocean to wake upto and enjoy from both the bed and the balcony itself. The "Good room" was quite small but beautifully decorated and presented, with a wonderfully comfortable bed.

We dined in the resturant on the evening and the food was fantastic as was the attentive service. Also the views from the restuarnt/bar etc are stunning at night with the lights of the harbour and town twinkiling below.

The spa, in particular the hydrotherapy pool with its infinity aspect is simply stunning - just be aware that you book a 90 minute slot for this rather than have unlimited use. whilst this might not suit some it actually enhances the spa experience as the whole complex (inc: sauna / Steam rooms etc) is only ever host to 10 people at any one time.

All in all this is a fantastic hotel in every way - As a romantic getaway it certainly takes some beating.

We can not wait to return !!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
I am so pleased to read your feedback and delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at St Brides. The view is something we never tire of and I am glad to hear that you agree with us! We pride ourselves on delivering consistently high standards of service and I am delighted that the team made your stay so special.

Our guests believe our rates offer fantastic value for money - especially out of season where we include complimentary dinner included in our rates. Keep an eye on our website for our special value added offers and always book direct with us!

We hope to see you again soon at St Brides.

Andrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saundersfoot
The Gower Hotel and Orangery Restaurant
#4 of 23 in Tenby
The Park Hotel Tenby
The Park Hotel Tenby
#8 of 23 in Tenby

Been to St Brides Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!