“Fantastic Honeymoon Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saundersfoot
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Honeymoon Getaway”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Well what can I say other than this place is AMAZING. The staff are excellent and whole hotel is finished to a marvellous quality the location is second to none. I don't think we could have chosen a more perfect hotel to spend our honeymoon getaway. Thank you for making it a memorable experience. The Food and Menu and Wine choice are fantastic - I used to be a chef myself and cannot understand the comment about bland food - perhaps the reviewer was a smoker and his taste buds have taken the brunt of the damage - Truly fantastic food - Reasonable pricing for the area - Pembrokeshire has many good eateries 90% sourcing from local farmers so expect to pay that little bit extra, in my eyes well worth it. Cannot stress enough how great this place is. Thanks again to all the staff especially the young barman Pierre who was very helpful and extremely polite Pierre Merci.

Room Tip: We had 002 had a balcony but no sea view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D L
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Thank you for this fantastic review. We are delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that your honeymoon was a memorable one! All your kind comments have been shared with the team and we all hope to welcome you back to St Brides again soon.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I bought a wine tasting experience for my husband for his birthday (I went too!).
We didn't know what to expect but Christophe taught us alot, he was friendly yet professional, didn't bamboozle us, the wine tasting was amazing.
We then had lunch (which was included with the wine tasting) I wasn't expecting the left over bottles to be put on the table for lunch but they were and there was plenty for everyone.
The maincourse was lovely. Peppered steak and mash. The dessert wasn't to my liking, banana parfait, but I am not a huge banana fan. I'd have been happy with a tarte or a sorbet.
The views from the restaurant are amazing, the whole place was clean and we'll decorated.
I would love to return to stay or to visit the spa or maybe for the jewelry making.
The staff were all smiling and approachable. Thank you.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie b
Excellent. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed our recent Wine Tasting Lunch. Christophe is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about wines of the World and I am delighted that came across on the day.

Our next lunch event is our New Years Day Jazz lunch which is always a great way to welcome in the New Year - and a great vantage point to watch the Saundersfoot New Years Day swim!

We hope to see you again soon.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My partner & I stayed here, with close family, for my mother's 80th birthday weekend. Mother had planned the entire event herself and said that the reservations' team had been extremely helpful. Three double rooms were booked, all with sea views, with breakfast & dinner included.

Check in was warm, friendly & quick. Rooms were well equipped, clean with soft comfortable beds. A restless first night, If you prefer a firmer bed. The spa services are extensive & the spa's water pools enjoyable and relaxing. The view from the outside hot pool is one of the attractions of the hotel.

This time of year, Saundersfoot was quiet yet the hotel was busy. The service was excellent even with a large shooting party dominating the dinning room. A small quibble but important for my mother who noticed the effect on her birthday evening. Even still, the delivery of service was warm, friendly and very welcoming. The food was excellent. Wine list extensive although with my first two choices I managed to choose the only two wines the hotel was short of. A disappointment, though only brief till the third choice arrived.

Wine prices were high but, on balance, fair. One was used to them living in the South East of England.

The hotel is excellent, winter prices were very reasonable. The mixed continental & local staff were a delight and were on hand at every turn - if slightly strained & short in number when the dinning room was full.

Looking at the summer room rates, this wouldn't be a destination of choice in the high season. As a winter get away from it all - ideal!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank OliverMaxwell-Jones
Thank you for providing such detailed feedback of your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly and certainly hope to welcome you back again soon.

It is worth noting that our rates remain the same all year round and always include breakfast, use of the fitness suite, wi-fi, car parking and a 90 minute session in the thermal suite, but between October-March we also include a complimentary 3 course evening meal per person per night. We see this as extremely good value for money with prices starting from just £95 per person per night.

Ferryside, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Although the hotel is generally of a high standard it is badly let down by the quality of the food. Making a return visit after a year we hoped that it had improved but sadly it had not. The food wavers between bland and tasteless to an ill-conceived and unbalanced mixture of ingredients.

Enjoy the view and the comfortable bedrooms - but do not expect an enjoyable dining experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terryphi
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been taken on board although as you can see, they do not reflect the majority of our guest feedback. It is a shame that you did not make us aware of your disappointment during your stay as this would have given us the chance to address it.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall and hope to see you again in the future.

London
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Wonderful hotel in an idyllic location high up over the bay. Staff so very friendly and helpful. Attention to detail was exceptional. The spa and treatments were perfect. All rather expensive. The food was very well presented and quite unique.

• Stayed November 2013
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us recently. Your compliments have been shared with the whole team and we hope to see you again soon.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

What an excellent weekend escape!! The spa was incredible, especially the infinity hydro pool-what a view! Rooms really comfortable and clean! Food and service exceptional!!! I want to return as soon as possible! Thoroughly recommend as a break from the everyday pressures and for a real treat!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at St Brides. I am really pleased that you enjoyed and have shared your kind words with the whole team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cardigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Had a lovely weekend with family & friends for my husbands birthday. Rooms were excellent (best rooms very spacious) and staff extremely helpful and courteous. Thermal suite - numbers restricted so never felt too busy. Hopefully will be returning soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at St Brides and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Andrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saundersfoot
The Gower Hotel and Orangery Restaurant
The Woodlands Hotel
The Woodlands Hotel
#2 of 5 in Saundersfoot
Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa

Been to St Brides Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!