“Excellent in every way”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saundersfoot
England
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I am reviewing this hotel again (about which I raved with enthusiasm before!) because this time our visit was over Christmas. The Christmas package suited us perfectly. Enough effort had been made for us to feel that it was special (hotel & tables decorated; special meal for Christmas day; Champagne twice; quiz; present of a local artist's print; little Chritmas stocking on our door on Christmas day), but we were not overwhelmed with activities or expected to join with strangers in merry making!
We had a wonderful 5 days and are looking forward to the next visit. We stayed in Room 115 again and it is delightful.

Room Tip: Well worth paying extra for a sea view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us over the festive season. I am delighted you enjoyed your return visit and had a memorable Christmas with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you all the best for the New Year.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Southern Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I returned to stay at St Brides with my partner on the 7th on December as a birthday treat. We booked the pre-Christmas escape which included B&B, dinner, and use of the thermal suite.
The whole stay was fantastic and our room had an amazing sea view! Dinner was great and we enjoyed some really lovely cocktails in the bar. It was such a great way to spend my birthday. We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Lau-marie5
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday with us! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we were able to make your birthday a special one.

We hope to see you again soon.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We really enjoyed this hotel and had a great stay. The staff were all very friendly and helpful,, in particular Georgia and Emily at reception who helped us store out mountain bikes safely overnight. We particularly enjoyed the fantastic views of Saundersfoot bay from the restaurant and infinity pool. One small improvement that I would suggest is to have some bottled real ales available in the bar, as I didn't really enjoy the selection of beer; it would be great to have some bottled ales from local breweries.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank samiam64
Fantastic! Thank you so much for your great feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in October and have passed your compliments on to the team. Your suggestion of introducing bottled local ales is certainly welcome and will be investigated by our Food and Beverage Manager in the new year.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Having read previous reviews were really looking forward to our one night stay.

It began with a 90 minute spa session which was very disappointing. The steam rooms were smelly and the ambient temperature of the relaxation area was cold making it impossible to relax. The infinity pool has a lovely view, but not very warm. I couldn't wait to have a hot shower at the end of it and leave!

Our room was of a high standard but the restaurant standard and service was not great.

We have stayed in some good hotels over the years and this is definitely one we would not return to. It was way overpriced and simply not worth the expense!

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank MrsLRD
Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that your concerns were not raised with one my Management Team during your stay. It is difficult for me to address your points once you have departed as I am sure you will appreciate.

Your comments certainly do not reflect our usual standards and I am sorry you feel that it is unlikely you will return.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stunning views and location,friendly staff, lovely food and such wonderful attention to detail. We stayed for one night in need of a getaway and relaxation and that was definitely achieved! The infinity pool is totally relaxing, the beautiful Christmas lights lit up the hotel giving it a wonderful relaxed and festive feel! We could not fault any part of our stay and we will definitely be going back for another treat! Would not think twice about recommending to friends and can't wait to return!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Our Dining Escape promotion is certainly great value for money and proves popular with repeat guests every year.

Your kind words have been shared with the whole team.

Bucks
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have visited this hotel twice, once in October and again in November. Both times were on a dining experience break that worked out at approximately £100 per person per night for dinner bed and breakfast in a room with no view. We felt this was good value.
The spa was enjoyable with a small infinity pool outside and various steam/ sauna rooms. We also had a couple of treatments which were good.
Food is of high quality. The selection available at breakfast was everything you could think of or want to eat at breakfast! Evening meals were good with a good selection and high quality produce. Service was good too. The only criticism is that the menu does not change much, maybe one different dish per night so after three nights it became a bit limited once you had chosen your favourite meals the previous two nights.
There is also a turn down service between 6 and 8pm which is a bit too early as this is just the time when you are bathing and getting ready for dinner. 7-9pm would be better to enable you to vacate the room and go to the bar.
All staff are very helpful and friendly including in the reception, bar, spa and restaurant.
The view from the hotel dining room is wonderful, across the beach of Saundersfoot. The walking nearby is excellent and we loved the coast path.
This is a great hotel for a relaxing break especially if you get a special deal !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly. Your kind words have been shared with the whole team.

We do change our evening menus each day and so I am sorry if you felt the changes were not significant. Our kitchen team are extremely flexible and so if ever there is something you fancy not displayed on our menu, please do ask and we will do our very best to accommodate your requests.

Our turn down service is offered to all guests as part of the St Brides experience. If you would prefer the service at a set time, please do call Reception and let them know.

We look forward to welcoming you back to St Brides soon.

Wales
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night for a birthday treat. We stayed in the "best" room and the views over the harbour and beyond were lovely. Unfortunately, there were problems with the boiler meaning that I had to have a cold shower and we then boiled water in the kettle to have a bath! The management were very apologetic (there was a problem with the boiler) and a bottle of champagne was sent up to the room by way of apology which was greatly appreciated. We both enjoyed dinner and breakfast. The bed was extremely high and being short and having recently undergone surgery, I found it very difficult to get into bed except by way of climbing firstly onto the day bed at the bottom of the bed and then onto the bed - it was a bit precarious! I could have done with getting up in the night but knew I would have to have woken my husband to help me in and out. Perhaps a little step in the room would help the vertically challenged amongst us! We used the spa but found than an hour was plenty as there are just a few different steam rooms to try and a small outside infinity pool which I didn't find very warm.All the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Having read one of the other reviews about the extra birthday treat, I fel a bit disappointed that whilst we received a birthday postcard in the room, there were no birthday petit fours offered to us as received by other guests. It was a pretty expensive stay for one night but enjoyed it as a one off experience.

Room Tip: I think all the hotel rooms share a similar view - don't think you need to pay for a best room t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us overall. It is unfortunate that you were inconvenienced when our boiler temporarily went down, but am pleased you received the Champagne I sent to your room.

We do have steps available on request to help guests get in and out of bed if needed. I am sorry if this was not made clear to you during your stay. The team are always here to help with any request, so please do let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable next time.

Your kind words have been shared with the team and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Andrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saundersfoot
The Gower Hotel and Orangery Restaurant
The Woodlands Hotel
The Woodlands Hotel
#2 of 5 in Saundersfoot
The Imperial Tenby Hotel

Been to St Brides Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!