“St Brides a spa hotel”

and 1 more site!
St Brides Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Saundersfoot
Reviewed 21 March 2014

A group of us booked into this hotel for a relaxing weekend.
The deal with the spa is that you get a 90 minute slot per night stayed as complimentary to your stay. However, when we arrived there was only one slot of 90 minutes for the entire weekend that had been allocated as the spa comes on a first come first booking basis. This was a huge disappointment as I have spayed in many spa hotels before and this has never been the case. we were only allowed in groups of 3 - 4 as well which was a shame.The staff were very unapologetic and disorganised with the booking system. This hotel is certainly not a 'customer is always right' hotel or 'nothing is too much trouble' hotel. Very spectacular views though and nice food.

Room Tip: always ask for a room with a sea view. We were looking over the carpark! Make sure you book the spa...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank lisa d
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

I am disappointed you feel this way even after my personal reply to your email sent just after your stay. My response explained the reasons we ask our guests to book their complimentary thermal suite sessions in advance of their stay. It also emphasised that the lady who booked your stay with us was advised on several occasions during the booking process to reserve these sessions for you in advance to avoid disappointment.

Had my email not reached you or were you not satisfied with my response, I would have appreciated the opportunity to resolve your discontent outside the public domain of Trip Advisor. It is now extremely difficult to openly discuss the details of your specific booking as Trip Advisor prohibits this. However, as your comments are now in the public domain, I feel it is appropriate to publish my private response sent to you on 17th March 2014:

Thank you for your email regarding your stay with us on Friday 7th and Saturday 8th March 2014. I am sorry that you felt you were unable to use the thermal suite.

Our whole ethos in the spa is to promote tranquillity and relaxation at all times and therefore, unlike some hotels, we restrict the use of the thermal suite to a maximum of 10 guests at any one time to maintain a sense of serenity and calmness.

We take the management of our spa very seriously and as a policy, prioritise availability of the thermal suite to our resident guests on a complimentary basis, however this means that it is vital to manage the bookings effectively to avoid overcrowding.

Due to the popularity of the spa we advise all our resident guests of the need to book their complimentary sessions at the time of reservations to avoid disappointment, as their preferred times are not always available when they come to check in to the hotel.

My Reception Manager oversaw Ms *****’s booking and liaised, at all times with her regarding all aspects of your stay, including bookings for the thermal suite. In this instance the reservations for the thermal suite, despite several reminders from us to make the bookings, were not made until closer to your arrival date. We were able to make reservations for all of your party in the thermal suite for your complimentary session, however regrettably we were not able to accommodate all at the same time. Ms ***** was made aware of the times your sessions were booked and we had no requests to change them until the Saturday itself.

Kindest Regards
Andrew

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We eat and drink at St. Brides quite a few times in a year and we have always enjoyed our visits,
not only because of the food, but also the very pleasant and professional attitude of the staff as
well as the amazing view.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David D
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your kind words. We strive to exceed guest expectations at all times and so I am delighted to read your feedback. Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming you back to St Brides again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel enjoys an elevated position overlooking Saundersfoot with superb sea views. On arrival there is plenty of parking making this a great base for the short walk into the town. Every member of staff we met was friendly, well informed and extremely helpful.. Our room was classed by the hotel as 'good' with two better categories available. The room, although on the small side, was very well equipped with high quality hand made furniture and a balcony with sea views. A particular feature of this hotel is the small touches, like a bottle of fresh milk in the fridge, not the usual long life cartons. We ate in the Cliff restaurant for both of our evening meals. Food was excellent and the view over the harbour stunning. At busy times it may pay to dine early as seats near the window cannot be reserved. Breakfast was also taken here and was equally delicious.
We did not use the spa facilities but they appeared to be very impressive.
Overall a really great experience

Room Tip: Our room was 202, description above.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to read your positive comments, thank you so much for taking the time to share them. We strive to provide all our guests with outstanding service and I am proud of the team we have at St Brides. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Just back from another superb stay at St Brides. Great food spa and accommodation. The view from the infinity pool is just perfect. Can't wait to book another night away pity about the baby Guinness not really upto standard, however we can forgive the French waiter I guess

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your fantastic feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your Baby Guinness served especially for the St Patrick's celebrations. Had you mentioned this at the time we would have happily replaced it.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I recently stayed in the hotel with my boyfriend, we thoroughly enjoyed and would highly recommend! We stayed in a room without a sea view but it did not bother us at all! We will be going back. Very clean, lovely staff and fab food. The 90 minutes in the pool was great!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Fantastic! Thank you both for choosing to stay with us and I am delighted you enjoyed your visit. We hope to be able to welcome you back to St Brides again soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed in November last year. The hotel was nice, comfortable although felt a little bit staid for younger people, there seemed to be more mature guests staying there. Outside hot tub and steam rooms were nice (although they could give the hot tub plastic entry a bit of a clean) and the food was good quality (breakfast was cooked to order.) We had some issues with the water which kept turning off whilst I was in the shower but they were really nice about it and gave us a bottle of champagne to make up for it.

The spa on the other hand was incredible! The facial I had was the best I've ever had. I can't remember the name of therapist but I've never felt so relaxed afterwards and my skin was glowing for days. The products they use and that they keep in the hotel room- Voya - are superb, organic and I've started using them at home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us in November. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and have shared your feedback with the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed for two nights for my Birthday in February - we made an excellent choice. The views are amazing from the rooms and the cliff top restaurant. The food is out of this world - please try the eggs benedict in the morning yum. Evening meal was delicious with plenty to choose from on the menu - all cooked fresh from local produce. The rooms were spacious with really comfy beds, tea and coffee making facilities(with fresh milk in the fridge) a large TV, a huge bathroom and free bottled water.The service is excellent and you dont feel rushed when in the retaurant. We had a window table which was lovely overlooking the harbour.However the best part of the break for me was the hydropool and the Spa treatments - just what the doctor ordered. Felt really relaxed after two days of pampering. Would def recommend.

Room Tip: Has to be a Sea View
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 294JanB

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We really do appreciate the feedback and have shared it with the whole team. We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Andrew

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saundersfoot
The Gower Hotel and Orangery Restaurant
Premier Inn Tenby Town Centre Hotel
Slebech Park
Slebech Park
#3 of 6 in Haverfordwest

Been to St Brides Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!