“Goodbye to Lost Property”

St Brides Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saundersfoot
Swansea
“Goodbye to Lost Property”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

On recently visiting the St Brides hotel for a weekend stay, my partner unfortunately left an item of clothing in the room. On later contacting the hotel she was advised that the item of clothing had not been handed in. On the basis that the room would have been thoroughly cleaned after departure it would suggest that the item of clothing was either kept by the cleaners or staff. This is very disappointing and is likely to be an indication of this hotels attitudes to guests.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Peter R
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. We have a strict procedure in place when dealing with any of our guests mislaid items as we know how frustrating it can be to lose your belongings. Any items left in a room after check out are reported to Reception and logged immediately. We then do our utmost to contact the guest to arrange the swift return of their item/s as soon as possible.

I am unable to investigate your comments in any depth as I do not have your specific details but can assure you that lost property is handled professionally and respectfully by the team at all times. I am sorry if you feel this was not the case on this occasion.

We hope to welcome you back to St Brides soon.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I always thought nothing could equal the Inn at Whitewell as my all time favourite hotel - but it will now have to share top billing. It is still the best country house hotel but for a seaside and spa break I don't see how you could better the St Brides Spa Hotel. The staff were wonderful - friendly, helpful, prompt - couldn't fault them. The food was brilliant, and the spa, - well...... the heated outdoor hydrotherapy infinity pool is a dream - never mind the salt infusion room, the sauna, the experience shower - I could have spent all day just floating in the pool looking out over Saundersfoot harbour and the Pembrokeshire coastline. And the cocktails.... Add that to being only 3 miles from Tenby with it's lovely shops and restaurants, and having the coastal path right on the doorstep and there isn't much to fault. Just a couple of little details in the room niggled - the handle had been pulled off one of the windows so when we got there we had to call the staff to close it for us - and then we couldn't re-open it. And the plug did not fit in the sink so the sink wasn't really usable. Little points but shouldn't happen in a hotel of that quality.

They do a 2 day weekday deal for 2 people - bed and breakfast, evening meal (3 course), 90 minutes in the hydrotherapy pool and heat suite - any other treatments would be extra. Seems a lot but the evening meal alone would have cost us over £60 each night, and the breakfasts kept us going all day, not to mention the times in the pool so well worth it. I will be back as soon as I can!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenny R
Denbigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

As teenagers on holiday in Saundersfoot in the 1960's we would look up from the harbour and say "one day we will stay at that hotel" so as we are now retired and working our way through a bucket list we decided to book St Brides Bay Spa Hotel.
We went for a good sea view room and yes although small it was perfectly formed with good use of space and a nice balcony.
We took up the offer of free sessions in the spa and enjoyed it very much especially the infinity pool.
We had dinner in the Resteraunt on both evenings and found that the second evening being a Saturday was very busy and therefore not as enjoyable as the first evening. The staff were very friendly and attentive without being overbearing.
We loved the whole experience and were not disappointed.
It was indeed a dream come true.
Who knows we may return one day but so many places to see...

Room Tip: Balcony and sea view on upper floors if you can afford it.
1 Thank Denise P
Brecon
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Was given a one night stay as a birthday gift. It was a great gift.
Beautifully situated hotel overlooking the beach. Had a very "beach" feel about the hotel. The décor was very relaxing and summery. The staff were all very welcoming and so helpful during our stay. We stayed in a good room which was adequate with everything you need in it. I didn't upgrade as we were only there for 1 night and don't spend that much time in the room. Only complaint would be that the rooms were very warm - even with the windows open.
The evening meal was stunning and very portions were generous.
The spa was relaxing and the staff again were very helpful. We felt as if we were the only guests and spent lots of time in the infinity pool.
Definitely a place to return - in fact, its already booked!
To my friends who booked it for me - THANK YOU.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Cardiff
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had family from Yorkshire staying in a holiday let just a little way up the road from the hotel and we wanted to be near to them as we were only visiting for a night. We booked into St Brides Spa Hotel as it was in the best location for our visit and looked very comfortable from the website.
The hotel is in a fantastic position overlooking Saundersfoot village and the beautiful beach and coastline. Fantastic views from the dining room and the pool areas. We arrived late afternoon and had a dip in the lovely warm infinity pool which shares the same view as the dining room. The pool is small and not for swimming but just lazing around and looking at the beach and the view and it also has a jacuzzi/spa bubbles and a comfy almost sofa like seats. We expected the water to be cold but it's heated and gorgeous. Showers and towels and loungers are also available around the pool.
Unfortunately as we were visiting family we didn't eat in the restaurant that evening but the menu looked very tempting with a comprehensive wine list for all wallets ranging from about £20 right up to the £900!!
Our room was a standard double as we knew we would only use it for sleeping and it was comfortable and adequate and well equipped with tea and coffee making facilities, a small fridge which could be filled and used as a mini bar on request, plenty of towels and robes and products. The room was a little on the small side and was quite warm in the night but for our purpose it was OK but I think I would upgrade to a larger room if I was staying longer.
Breakfast was beautiful with a good choice of hot and cold dishes and my mushrooms with laver bread was delicious and I would highly recommend it!
Our stay was a very short one but we are looking forward to returning at some time in the future and spending a little bit longer at this lovely hotel with really helpful staff. I can highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Standard double are quite small but before upgrading I would check if the rooms are actually larger.
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The staff were very helpful and attentive and our bedroom-115- was so well appointed with stunning views.
Eating in the restaurant was such a pleasure ,the high quality of the food and the position of the dining rooms provided a wonderful experience.
Would certainly recommend this hotel and will be back soon !!!

1 Thank RHIAN177
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Great! Thank you for your kind feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed so thoroughly and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was our second visit to St. Brides Spa and can't wait to book to come back again. The hotel is beautiful, the views "heb eu hail" (second to none is the closest english translation i think), and the facilities are superb.
The staff - reception, restraunt and housekeeping - are all very good at their jobs and treat you as what you are - a paying guest - rather than an inconvienience as some other hotels do.
We upgraded from our first visit and stayed in a better room with a sea view and it was worth the extra cost. I would recommend room 208 for the space and the amazing view from the balcony. The only negative about the room is that it was very warm, although there are fans provided.
I'm suprised that other reviews have been negative about having to book the spa - it clearly states in your booking confirmation that booking is essential, and it means that there's a relaxed atmoshphere as it isn't crammed with people. Again, one negative was that my treatment was definately shorter than I paid for.
The food was amazing and the waiting staff very helpful. Yes, they are mostly European, and this means that they are very efficient and polite. The only dissappointment was the afternoon tea on the day we left - I'd probably give it a miss next time we visit.
I think this is the kind of hotel that you come to for a treat, a relaxing destination hotel where you are waited on hand and foot. I love it.

Room Tip: room 208 has an amazing view from the balcony. go for a standard sea view room rather than the best...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CHL86
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience of St Brides. I am delighted to read all your positive comments and have shared them with the team.

Your spa treatment should have been the full duration you paid for and I am sorry you feel it was cut short. Had you mentioned this at the time we could have investigated and compensated you in some way. You also mention that our afternoon tea was a disappointment. My Food and Beverage Manager Christophe would have been happy to discuss any feedback you had at the time to hopefully resolve your displeasure then. I am sorry we did not pick up on your feelings on the day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to St Brides again soon.

Andrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saundersfoot
The Gower Hotel and Orangery Restaurant
#4 of 23 in Tenby
The Park Hotel Tenby
The Park Hotel Tenby
#8 of 23 in Tenby

Been to St Brides Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!