“Perfect to chill and take in the view!”

St Brides Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saundersfoot
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We like to celebrate out wedding anniversary by having a short break, without our teenage sons. I researched and found St Brides. In recent years we have been to The Nare and last year The Scarlet. The location is exceptional, with splendid views over the sleepy harbour and bustling village and beach of Saundersfoot. It's the perfect spot to take in the view with a chilled glass of wine and just watch the world go by!
The hotel is spotless, tasteful decor, shells in bowls, driftwood in vases, lots of beach art by local artists. Our room was divine with amazing views and a lovely little balcony.
Food was excellent, I had the scallops twice and my husband and I both ate fish for main course most evenings. Food was wholesome, delicious and the staff were polite and would change our order, for example my husband wanted another vegetable.
I thought it was reasonably priced too, for example a bottle of Pinot would set you back £20, delicious it was too. We had lunch one day, huge portions of freshly made smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches, too much for me.
The spa is a delight with a pool again overlooking the harbour, excellent steamrooms and shower area. I had a relaxing massage and slept like a log. There is a room to relax although I expected soemthing better than Sainsbury's magazine to read!
Staff were very pleasant, courteous but not gushing, they all seemed genuine and from chatting to them it would appear many have been there for years, such as the chef and Phyllis on reception. Wynn was very helpful in suggesting places to visit with his local knowledge. Veronika in the restaurant was a delight and always cheerful.
We drove to Tenby on our first day, however stayed at the hotel for our second day just to relax, take in the views and the spa.
On our way home we drove via Pendine sands, there is a small museum which is free admission and we saw Babs, which had been buried for over 40 years at Pendine, well worth a visit.
We did have a few niggles, I had booked through the internet and got confused with what I had booked, meaning we had to change rooms for our last evening. My tip would be to book directly with the hotel.
Some of the staff in the restaurant were training and I expect they were nervous, we had the wine bottle plunked into our water jug and several times the waitress reached over us to serve us but all minor niggles I hasten to add.
While researching I expected more photos of the hotel on their website, I really think they should make the most of the views/rooms/

Room Tip: Pay extra for a good sea view at the front, room 204 was perfect! Book direct with the hotel as the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall and I have shared your kind words with my team.

It was a pleasure to meet you both and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for St Brides Spa Hotel

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Fabulous hotel in a stunning location. Every member of staff was polite, helpful and friendly from reception, restaurant, bar and spa. The room was well decorated, comfy bed, spotlessly clean. The views from the hotel are beautiful. Food in the Cliff restaurant was very tasty. I had scallops and the bream and my husband had the cod and beef and it was all perfectly cooked and delicious. The waiting staff were friendly and courteous and the wine list extensive. The breakfasts are fantastic with lots of choice. We were left a plate of fruit and handmade truffles and fudge in our room for our anniversary which was a nice touch. We used the spa both days we stayed. I had the invigorating body massage which was probably the best I have ever had and the infinity hydro pool and steam rooms which we practically had to ourselves were a real treat. The spa is also very clean. The beaches and coastline of the surrounding area are stunning. I can't understand the negative reviews on this site, everything was perfect from the minute we arrived until the minute we left and we can not wait to return. Thank you for making our 10th anniversary so special.

1  Thank SarahPugh
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Fantastic! Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently to celebrate your anniversary. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your break and your kind words have been shared with the whole team.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Warm welcome as you book in. Shown to your room & everything explained in detail. First impressions of the room WOW. Then you see the view WOW. Then the bed WOW. Next down to the bar/restaurant, service excellent,food even better,view WOW. Nothing to much trouble at all.See you at St Brides in September for the 3rd time this year.Cant wait.

Room Tip: Go for sea view & balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted that your return visit exceeded expectations again. We appreciate and value your custom and look forward to seeing you again later this year.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Spent a relaxing weekend break at St Brides in an apartment. The apartment was quiet and well thought out, and had a dishwasher, fridge, 2 ring hob, crockery cutlery etc. Bathroom was compact and bijoix. Beds were very high but so very comfortable. No evidence that we were in Wales with decor and furnishings, although the blankets were local from Melin Tregwynt. Spa was brilliant, the infinity pool has the best view in Wales over Saundersfoot beach for any time of year. Although the spa is serviced by a stair lift for less mobile guests, the showers are downstairs with the changing rooms upstairs. After showering It was quite challenging getting changed in the showers, (as it would have been difficult and too time consuming to get upstairs) due to limited space and no stool or perch to sit on. Treatments were very enjoyable and staff were knowledgable. The hotel has a very relaxed ambience and staff are pleasant, polite and attentive without being intrusive. Again there was no evidence that we were in Wales - we could have been anywhere. In my opinion the only thing that prevented me giving this hotel a 5 star rating was the standard of food in the Gallery and the Cliff restaurants - maybe my standards are too high, but I know the availabilty and quality of Pembrokeshire produce which were not evident on the menus. An expensive luxurious weekend, thoroughly enjoyed. Diolch.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

We really appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us recently. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and I have shared your kind words with the team.

Maintaining our 'sense of place' throughout the hotel is important so in our bedrooms not only do we have our beautiful Melin Tregwynt rugs, but also local artwork, oak furniture made by a local craftsman, Welsh tea bags and not forgetting those delicious Tregroes Waffles!

We do also source a lot of our food locally and I apologise if this was not stated clearly enough on our menus. All of our meat, vegetables, cheese, eggs and seafood are bought in from Welsh suppliers when available to support local businesses.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

A really lovely break on a chilly winters day with almost the whole hotel to ourselves on the first day/night. You are allocated 90mins in the spa, which initially felt restrictive, but after 60 mins in the fabulous infinity pool in the January rain (& almost to ourselves), this was more than adequate. I also had a very relaxing treatment. Very friendly staff, lovely breakfast and dinner offered a great selection for everyone. The pool, the views and location are by far the main reason for us to return, the restaurant and bar could be construed as a little impersonal - the fake fire didn't make us want to snuggle up. Nevertheless, it is definitely worth a return visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and for visiting St Brides. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much and am pleased you enjoyed our spa facilities. Your kind words have been shared with the team who look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

EXCELLENT Service and reception. Glorious views, made even better by
fabulous weather.
Very good restaurant food for a quality dinner,waiters/ hosts were very attentive, the barman was knowledgeable despite being kept very busy with table orders.
Spa was great all we expected.
Thoroughly enjoyed.
Thank you.

Room Tip: Try everything
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Fantastic! Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Had a wonderful stay at St. Brides, our second stay. Beautiful hotel and room, room 114, fantastic views. Used the spa and infinity pool was all fab. Ate in the restaurant, staff we're very attentive and food was brilliant. Only two minor gripes, why only three sun loungers by the pool, and pillows on our bed were really lumpy. But that said would recommend this hotel we had a really good time. Thank you.

Room Tip: Room 114 is the best
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Stbrides-1, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to St Brides recently. Your kind words have been shared with the team.

We would have happily changed your pillows had we known you found them uncomfortable. Please do mention these details to us during your stay so we can do our best to ensure your expectations are exceeded and your stay is as enjoyable as possible.

Your comments regarding our sun loungers have been noted, thank you. If the weather continues to be this glorious we will certainly look at adding a few more loungers to our collection. We have been so lucky this year so far so fingers crossed it continues!

We hope to welcome you back to St Brides again soon.

Andrew

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saundersfoot
The Gower Hotel and Orangery Restaurant
#3 of 23 in Tenby
The Woodlands Hotel
The Woodlands Hotel
#2 of 5 in Saundersfoot

Been to St Brides Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!