We had booked into a "good" room with sea view and negotiated a one night only deal on a Dining Escape basis as a treat for my birthday. When we arrived our toilet wasn't flushing properly and we were immediately upgraded to a "better" room which had fantastic sea views and was large and comfortable with a good sized bathroom. The only downside was that the large bed was actually two beds fixed together.
Despite trying to book a treatment a few weeks in advance there was no availablity for a spa treatment so we both paid the £25 for the use of the thermal suite. The infinity pool is small but beautiful and very relaxing - I was surprised that there weren't more facilities but what they have is very good.
Dinner was amazing, one of the nicest hotel meals I have had in a long time. It was well cooked, well presented and delicious! Waking up on the Friday morning to beautiful sea views was refreshing and we headed down to a great breakfast with a mix of cold help yourself buffet and hot order breakfast. Everything was so beautiful we decided to stay another night!
We weren't able to book the same room again as the couple moving into that room (204) had specified not to be moved so we experienced our 3rd room of the stay which was slightly smaller but did have a good view. I had a full body massage in the spa which was very professional and relaxing. Dinner in the evening was superb again and although the menu is small they had changed it slightly from the day before to offer more options. Both evenings we had a bottle of wine with our meal which was very reasonably priced and we actually preferred the cheaper of the bottles. Breakfast the next day was all buffet but I am pleased to say it was the same high quality as the morning before.
This isn't a cheap break but if you can afford it it is definitely worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A destination spa hotel with 46 rooms, 20 with sea view and balcony. Cliff top restaurant and marine spa with thermal suite and infinity edge vitality pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your St Brides Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Brides Hotel Saundersfoot
- St Brides Saundersfoot
- St Brides Spa Hotel Saundersfoot, Wales