Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
eDreams
James l

A thoroughly enjoyed stay.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Apr 2024
I had heard prior to booking that the hotel was exceptional. On arrival I found every member of staff welcoming and courteous. My room was of a high standard, a fresh relaxing feel, if that makes sense. The bathroom was of a high standard. Great décor and an amazing power shower. The balcony area had a nice view of the beach, with chairs and a table to enjoy the view. Thoroughly enjoyed that evening and the next morning with a cup of coffee. My evening meal at the Cliff restaurant was fantastic. I ordered a sirloin steak, parmesan fries and a side order of baby gem salad with crispy shallots and parmesan. Everything was perfect! The first time ever I've been excited by a salad. Full of flavour and more'ish. The restaurant staff were very professional. The chefs were obviously very experienced. My meal was very filling and I had to decline dessert. An extensive wine list. Unfortunately I had business the next day so had a bottle of ginger beer. The hotel was very busy considering the time of the year. There was a mixture of ages that ranged from couples to groups. The infinity pool, spa facilities looked fantastic. They have a gym room that has a range of equipment. I had planned on using all facilities but took advantage of the rooms veranda to relax after work before dinner. This is my first time posting a review, and felt I should as I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I'll definitely be booking a return visit for my wife and me.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Spa and pool facilities need to be pre-booked.
Trip type: Travelled on business
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded yesterday
Thank you for taking the time to leave such an extensive review of your recent stay at St Brides Spa Hotel.

The recognition at each stage of your guest journey really means a lot to us all to read.

We are so glad that your recent stay will result in you returning with your wife and we very much look forward to welcoming you both.

Luke
1.2 miles from St Brides Spa Hotel
Beachfront
View more hotels in Saundersfoot
1,532 results
All reviews infinity pool afternoon tea thermal suite sea view the cliff special treat scones overlooking saundersfoot lovely hotel a real treat amazing views evening meal following morning lovely touch car park relaxing break saundersfoot beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 April 2024 via mobile

Nice accommodations, great spa, wonderful food in a marvelous room
Overlooking the water. The staff was fabulous: The manager Gemma, couldn’t have been more helpful when we had a problem with noise. Her careful attention and concern meant
that the problem was fixed
Immediately. We highly recommend zest. Brides.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Thank you for your recent review and for choosing to stay at St Brides Spa Hotel.

We are so glad that you had an enjoyable experience in The Marine Spa and The Cliff Restaurant.

We apologise that you had a disturbance but thank you for recognising Gemma’s attention to solving the issue.

We do hope that we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed 15 April 2024

We recently stayed at St Brides hotel and had a wonderful experience. It was my partners birthday and the hotel left chocolates and a card in the room which was a thoughtful gesture. The food was excellent both in the evening and at breakfast, again with an extra dessert for my partner. Our room had a lovely balcony with great views and was clean and comfortable. The spa was relaxing and included many features such as an infinity pool and a salt inhalation room. I would recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Recommend saying the occasion ahead of time, pre-booking facilities, and eating at the hotel!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew Evans, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for choosing to celebrate your partner's birthday with us.

We're thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful experience and that our little touches of the card and chocolates added to the celebration.

We're delighted that you enjoyed dining in our Cliff Restaurant and that you found our spa facilities relaxing and enjoyable.

Thank you for recommending us, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to St Brides Spa Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2024

The hotel has a terrific elevated scenic view of Saundersfoot harbour and beach, hence the hotel is a bit of steep walk out of town (be prepared if you're not good at walking up hill!). Parking was ample though quite busy.

The welcome from staff was excellent - bubbly and informative.

The Spa - disappointing. It's a very small jacuzzi (sorry, thermal) pool, and means very limited capacity, and as they allow non-residents, sessions get booked up quickly. Despite being 'resident', we couldn't get a session on our first day and had to settle for a pre-breakfast session on the second day.

Our room was 'okay', nice, spacious but only in a kind Premier Inn sort of nice though with a much much better view - and the balcony was good. And the bathroom was very nice and spacious, and clean. Bed linen felt average. Dressing gowns and sliders were provided so that you can change in room and walk to the Spa ready to dip! An additional downside to our room was that it was roughly above the kitchens and we could hear lots of shouting and pan-bashing until around 10.30pm when evening service had finished - but it restarted at 7am for the breakfast service! And the noise from adjacent rooms was noticeable to the point you could make out what people were saying! Plus, for some unknown reason, our room didn't get refreshed after the first night despite indicating that we'd 'gone to the beach' for the day returning at 3pm. It meant dirty mugs, full bins, unmade bed, etc., so housekeeping maybe had an issue that day?

Dining - We were on an all-inclusive 2-night deal so had a 3-course meal included on both nights but as the menu was limited and didn't change daily, we were a little snookered to find a different and potentially enjoyable dishes, and especially as dining was a very mixed experience. Premium cuts of meat (fillet steak!) were self-evidently not cooked fresh and left to dry out under some kind of heat source. Colourful and seemingly rich sauces lacked flavour. And deserts had bizarre exotic coloured gels. The menu pricing blew our minds - way over the top for both quality and content. Breakfast was not great, and borderline dangerous with undercooked poached eggs! Once you've seen a snotty egg, you know to avoid them! We changed tack only to find the scrambled egg overcooked - dry and rubbery.

It's not a place I could recommend sadly.

Room tip: Avoid 'better rooms with sea view' unless you're a late owl. Book spa sessions with hurried vigour. Eat elsewhere.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew Evans, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2024

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent experience at St Brides Spa Hotel.

It is disappointing to read your comments regarding our Marine Spa as we usually receive such positive feedback. Our hotel residents do have priority with regards to the spa facilities, however we do recommend even for hotel residents to book their preferred time in advance as we do only allow a certain amount of people in the facilities at any one time.

I am sorry to hear that the room you were allocated did not exceed your expectations. Whilst our bedrooms have never received a negative comparison to a chain hotel, had we have known of your disappointment we could have certainly looked into the option of moving you to an alternative bedroom. I can confirm that we have not had an issue with housekeeping and I am unsure why the service of your room was missed, for this I apologise. We have no record that you had reported this, had we have known we would have of course arranged for housekeeping to rectify this.

Whilst your comments regarding our food are not in line with our usual positive feedback, I am sorry to read that your evening meal left you feeling underwhelmed. We pride ourselves on creating good quality, flavourful food with a fine dining touch. Had we have been made aware of your disappointment with the dishes you were served, we would have of course strived to rectify this for you.

I do appreciate hearing constructive feedback from our customers as it gives us the opportunity to make improvements where we feel necessary. I am very sorry to read that at this moment in time you would not consider returning to St Brides Spa Hotel. Should you change your mind in the future I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed 10 April 2024

Hotel is in a wonderful location, but nothing else could be described in the same way. Rooms were OK, breakfast was mediocre at best and a couple of members of staff were downright rude. We were lied to and charged extra for something which we were originally told was complimentary. Have stayed in far better hotels for a lot less.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank M J
Andrew Evans, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2024

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very sorry to read that you have left feeling less than impressed with your recent experience and I would like to investigate your comments further.

I am quite surprised to read that you feel you have been lied to, whilst I do not knock your claims, I am sure that my staff would not have knowingly lied to you.

After looking into your reservation, I can see that you stayed in one of our Good Side Facing Sea View Rooms. I note that there were no extras on your bill at the time of check out and you did not use the restaurant for an evening meal. I am therefore confused at what part of your experience you thought should have been complimentary.

I am disappointed that we were not made aware of these issues during your visit. Please may you contact us directly by emailing reservations@stbridesspahotel.com so we can look into your concerns further.

Reviewed 31 March 2024 via mobile

Amazing stay at st brides spa hotel for my husbands birthday. Room was very clean and had an amazing view - literally could watch the sea from my bed!! Card and chocolates for my husband on arrival which was a lovely touch. We pre-ordered wine which was in our room ready for us. Had bath and shower in our room and shower was very good!

We used the spa twice during our stay which was lovely and clean with a nice relaxation area and infinity pool. We both had a treatment which was amazing!!

We ate in the restaurant for evening meal -lovely views and staff were fantastic. Food was cooked perfectly both evenings and was delicious!! Staff brought out happy birthday on a plate for my husband

Nice choice of food at breakfast -something for everyone and again everything was cooked to perfection

Would definitely recommend staying here, every aspect was fantastic and we can’t wait to come back next year!

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew Evans, Owner at St Brides Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2024

Thank you for choosing St Brides Spa Hotel as the venue to celebrate your husbands Birthday, we hope that he enjoyed his celebrations.

It is nice to hear that you selected one of our Sea View Rooms, soaking in the amazing views of Saundersfoot from the comfort of your own room.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your time in our Marine Spa, enhancing your experience with a treatment.

Our Head Chef Karl is delighted to hear that you enjoyed dining in our Cliff Restaurant.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back next year.