“Ok but not great”

Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At the well-known and popular Dragon Palace Chinese Restaurant, the many years of perfecting Chinese cuisine are all highlighted here. Situated near the seaside resort of Tenby our team of chef’s have had decades of experience and bring along with them a fusion of tastes that will invigorate, excite and mesmerize the pallet.Quality food, service with a smile, popular with locals, go on, indulge yourself, have a Chinese, Dragon style.
CARDIFF, WALES
“Ok but not great”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I ate here with my 4 year old recently and we shared a reasonable meal. Unfortunately all the combination meals need to be ordered by a minimum of two people so we had to order off the a la carte. No children's menu either so I ended up ordering something bland that my daughter could share.
Spring rolls were ok but not great and the Special Chop Suey wasn't great either.
My daughter had a ice cream which came in a children's mould and this was the highlight of the meal for her.
Not cheap but good service and the menu could be more family orientated.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We visited on a Wednesday night and thoroughly enjoyed our evening, not just the food but the lovely friendly welcoming service. We did walk from Saundersfoot and would not do so again - it was a dificult walk along unpavemented busy roads. We ordered a mixture of set meals and additional dishes; the staff we happy to amend dishes to suit the portion sizes and taste needs of children. Sticky toffee pudding dessert was delicious! The house wine was pleasant. We found all of the staff very friendly, chatty and fantastic with the children. We had quite a wait for our taxi but we made to feel welcome and keep our table as long as we needed. Thank you for a lovely evening.

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“First Class”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Me and my partner only live 7 miles away but have never been here before. Decided to try it out rather than have our usual delivery from a different restaurant. Was greeted by the staff who were very friendly and tough our 3 kids to say thank you in various languages, which they enjoyed. All orders were taken quickly and drinks came straight away. The food followed and was very hot, but didn't last long on the plates as we demolished it. Food was excellent and so was the service. We will defiantly be using this local restaurant again.

Telford, Shropshire
“Good food and value for money.”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Just back from sunny Saundersfoot and we all ate here on the Friday evening. First thing is the friendly welcome and how nice all the staff are. The service is fast and food is very good, its menu is large (not literally) with even a few items seldom seen. Friday night was doing a roaring trade with eat in and take away so it might be an idea to book a table for the weekend. Restaurant and toilets are spotless and for three courses, coffee and a couple of pints came to less than twenty pounds per person.

• Visited July 2012
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“you get what you pay for - excellent”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Having gone to the Dragon Palace tonight, I wasn’t sure what to expect (there were 2 of us). Some reviews are great and some are mediocre. My father in law said that it was ok, but nothing special. I have to say, I really enjoyed the experience. We didn’t book, but I probably would if we wanted to go at a busy time because it was very popular (sit down and take away). When we arrived we were seated and our order was taken promptly. The starters didn’t take too long and were fantastic (chicken satay skewers and prawn toast). The staff were attentive, but weren’t overbearing. Not long after our plates were cleared we were served our main courses, duck with ginger and spring onions and chicken with pineapple (with rice and chips). Very tasty and plenty of it. We had a couple of soft drinks, a Tsingtao and a bottle of wine. Now we are the type of people to eat, pay and leave, to go onto to other things. I had the impression you could make your meal last, if you wanted, but not for us. We were in and out within an hour and that suited us down to the ground. It wasn’t the cheapest place I have been, but it was probably one of the best sit down Chinese I have had. Will go again and /or have a takeaway and will definitely be adventurous and try something different. You get what you pay for here, in my opinion. Try it for yourself.

• Visited July 2012