“Time is precious”

Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At the well-known and popular Dragon Palace Chinese Restaurant, the many years of perfecting Chinese cuisine are all highlighted here. Situated near the seaside resort of Tenby our team of chef’s have had decades of experience and bring along with them a fusion of tastes that will invigorate, excite and mesmerize the pallet.Quality food, service with a smile, popular with locals, go on, indulge yourself, have a Chinese, Dragon style.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were a party of eight...one being diabetic.

We booked for 7.45pm...23rd August 2014. We arrived in plenty of time to be kept waiting a further 25 minutes...our table was being cleared of occupants as they were just paying their bill.

We ordered within about 15 minutes. The starter came up very quickly. The restaurant was full by the way with another party of about twenty for a birthday as well as the other tables.

It took nearly two hours from sitting down to having the main course served. Three of our party had a two hour journey home. We had no time for dessert.

The food was...reasonable. It was all standard Chinese food. Nothing outstanding but certainly nothing bad. Just average. One comment was that the egg fried rice...a staple of any Chinese menu was tasteless. Also there was an overuse of MSG...nothing bad but the food could have been more spectacular.

If ever you are in Preston go to Tangs...the food is exceptional...once you have eaten there you will have been spoiled.

Chinese food should be a multitude of flavours and not just rely on the baulk standard that has become a definition in the UK.

The service was poor due to being over busy...a restaurant needs all the business it can get...but the Dragon Palace is also a take away...this place is the only chinese in the area and is bound to be popular...they were overwhelmed with business...not a bad complaint unless you are waiting for your meal for two hours. As a diabetic I needed to eat a bit quicker than that.

Also they do not seem to understand the meaning of large...when asking for a large diet coke.

To sum up the food was ok, the service was lacking and the experience was not great.

1  Thank Adrian C

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Was recommended this place from a few people, had take away and was happy. Would come back again on our next visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

From the outside you may be mistaken to drive on but don't. The food is the best Chinese we've eaten in years and the staff were welcoming and efficient.
Seemed to get very busy from around 6:30 so worth booking a table.

1  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I visited here tonight whilst visiting family in Haverfordwest. We booked a table for 7.15pm. Arriving we could see it was very busy and found it difficult to get a parking space. Once inside we went to the reception area which was full of people. The decor inside was nice they had two sofas but both full and already people standing. Luckily we only had a 5-10minute wait for our table once sitting we ordered drinks and looked over the menu. It was about 10-15 minutes before a waitress came to take our order and still our drinks had not arrived. We all ordered a separate starter and main. Myself I ordered chicken satay as starter and special fried rice with curry sauce for main. My partner and his farther both ordered Soup for starter and my mother in law ordered spring rolls. We were given prawn crackers just before our drinks finally arrived. It must of been about 20minutes before our starters arrived. My chicken satays sauce was delicious only complaint they were a little over cooked and tough, but still nice. My mother in law said her spring rolls were brilliant. And the soup was also said to be brilliant and had dim sims in which they both agreed were very tasty. The soups were £3.50 were as my satay and the rolls were about £5.50 each.We then faced an incredibly long wait for our mains. Our tables were not cleared and we sat there for more than 40minutes before having to call a waiter thinking we had actually been forgotten about! We ordered more drinks whilst waiting for our food. We had a pot of jasmine tea which came in a clear tea pot and the cutest small cups and saucers. The tea was really refreshing and had lots a flavour I would highly recommend this. Finally after what seemed like forever our mains arrived my special fried rice was beautiful I ate it in a matter of minutes after waiting so long. My partner had Singapore stir fry he thoroughly enjoyed, his farther also had special fried rice no sauce and his partner egg fried rice and chicken balls in sweet and sour sauce. All around £8 for dish before sauce/chicken balls. We all agreed the food was fantastic, only problem was the wait. We all wanted a desert but as it was now 9pm and we knew we faced another wait for the desert we decided to give it a miss. Such a shame as I would of liked a desert. All in all the food was brilliant and a reasonable price. The restaurant decor was lovely and tables not to close together. The staff were polite not really friendly. The wait I felt was a bit ridiculous the only downfall. I would of given the 5star if we hadn't of waited. I maybe would go again but I am put off by the wait especially as it was a Wednesday night I dread to think how busy it must be on a weekend. I would say if you go here make sure you are not hungry and prepared to wait

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, great tasting food, lots to choose from and lovely friendly staff. Highly recommend to anyone wanting good food in nice surroundings.

1  Thank Michelle-Chase