“Lovely food”

The Captain`s Table
Ranked #32 of 42 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Price range: US$1 - US$3
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Captain's Table is currently undergoing a refurbishment. We look forward to welcoming back old and new customers for Easter 2016.
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was in saundersfoot during August on a family holiday and went here 3 times for food, then revisited with my mum on way home from Tenby as the meals are really good value for money and fill u up, the children's meals are brill just enough for them, I will be coming back again, thanks guys see you soon

SaundersfootInns, Owner at The Captain`s Table, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Hi
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I think 4 visits in one week says more than anything I can add.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed in Saundersfoot for a week and went here twice. On both occasions our meal was lovely and the service excellent. I would recommend booking especially at weekends.

SaundersfootInns, Owner at The Captain`s Table, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Hi
Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you had such positive experiences on both of your visits to us.
We strive to provide top quality homemade food at sensible prices and to compliment this with great, friendly service.
We aim to give all our customers exactly the type of memories that you will have.
We have had an excellent season - partly due to the weather but helped no doubt by people like you sharing your views with the TripAdvisor community.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Enjoyed a substantial breakfast here when arriving in Saundersfoot, before checking in to our hotel. There are plenty of tables outside to enjoy the sunshine whilst you eat. Breakfast was lovely & included a warm slice of baguette & tea or coffee. We returned later in the day to enjoy a beer & listen to the singer, which was very enjoyable.

SaundersfootInns, Owner at The Captain`s Table, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thanks for your review.
We're glad you enjoyed your breakfast, drink, music and the atmosphere.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a short break in Saundersfoot. Ate here twice. Very nice food, good service and fairly reasonable, bearing in mind it's location. Food was well cooked. Kids meals were excellent and service was attentive. The manager jeff was very nice. The only small issue is that the restaurant is either side of the path to the toilets which on busy days can result on 'colorful' characters passing by, but that does not detract from the food etc.

SaundersfootInns, Owner at The Captain`s Table, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thanks for your review.
We are a family pub and people eating with us more than once during their holiday is exactly our target market.
I'm really pleased that you had excellent food and received great service - that is what we strive to provide.
We look forward to seeing you again when you are next in the area.
Ian, Dave, Gareth and the crew - especially Jeff!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Not much food. Very small lunch portions. I had ham, egg and chips. one tiny slice of ham, cold egg and half cooked chips. The drink is the most expensive in Saundersfoot. Staff just want your money.

SaundersfootInns, Owner at The Captain`s Table, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Hi
Whilst we welcome TripAdvisor reviews I'm afraid that I do not believe that this one is genuine.
My reasons are factual based, in that we do not send ham, egg and chips down in that portion size and I know that we are not the most expensive pub in the village at all.
I am also very wary of first time reviewers. Everybody has to start somewhere I agree but no address and scant details are normally a sign of a malicious review.
I would encourage reviewers to read our other reviews which are at odds with this one.