“fish and chips”

Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food, British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A modern slant on the traditional-The Marina is located on Saundersfoot harbour and is a modern fish and chip restaurant where you can order traditional fish and chips with real ale beer batter or have a piece of fresh fish grilled with a salad. You may wish to eat your fish with a glass of wine or bottle of beer in the restaurant or take it away to the beach.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“fish and chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Beautiful fish and chips,but a bit expensive.If you have them to eat out,be careful the seagulls in the harbour don't helpyou eat them!!!

Visited April 2014
Stbrides-1, Manager at Marina Fish Chips & More, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for visiting The Marina recently. I am really pleased you enjoyed your meals with us - despite the boisterous seagulls! We hope to see you again soon.

Canada
“Merely average fish and chips”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Other than the location on the beach and really clean restaurant, I cannot really rave about the fish and chips. They were rather bland...both the fish and the batter. Not worth the extra price one pays for eating here. Was disappointed because I figured the quality would be reflected in the price. Definitely not the best I have had in Wales, but also not the worst. Just average. Service was good...very attentive staff, although they all looked tired from the heat and the busyness of the day (understandable).

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for visiting The Marina recently. We pride ourselves on serving freshly cooked to order, delicious fish and chips and so are disappointed to read your comments. If you were not happy with your meals we would of replaced them for you if we had known. I am pleased you found the team attentive and hard working and enjoyed our location.

I hope you come and give us another try soon.

Akrotiri, Cyprus
“Excellent fish and chips!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Well being so close to the sea you would expect that the fish and chips to be good and they were. They serve beer too and so you can enjoy the fish supper experience to the full!

Visited July 2014
I am really pleased you enjoyed and thank you for visiting The Marina recently. Come back and see us again soon!

Sarah
“As good as it's always been”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Been coming here since it first opened, our annual holiday always ends on a high note, cod and chips for me and my husband and sausage and chips for my daughter, we all enjoyed it nothing left on our plates, you may pay a bit more but quality is so much better than others nearby! Young lady who served us was very pleasant, tables were cleared promptly couldn't find fault with anything a great ending to another wonderful holiday in Pembrokeshire!!

• Visited July 2014
Great! Thank you for your positive feedback. I am pleased that you all enjoyed and appreciate you coming back to us each time you are in the area. We look forward to seeing you again next time!

Auckland, New Zealand
“Just don't”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Eating out in Wales proved to be a universally disappointing experience. I'm sure there are good places. We just couldn't find any, and Marina was a prime example. Having had revolting fish and chips further north, I thought this place by the sea looked promising. But my cod was appalling. It was so dry, it was like Portuguese Bacelau - dried cod. The batter and chips had a terrible taste from the oil - was it dripping? It was horrible in any case. My dear old mum's sausage bap was acceptable, but no different to what you'd get from a roadside trailer.

Not cheap either.

2 Thank DitchDiver
Stbrides-1, Manager at Marina Fish Chips & More, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am very disappointed to read your comments as this is certainly not our usual standard. I have no record of any complaints and had you mentioned your dissatisfaction at the time we would have rectified it straight away.

We serve hundreds of meals everyday at The Marina to a very high standard. Guest feedback helps us to continually improve and we take it very seriously but without more specific information from you, I am unable to investigate further.

If you would like to contact me directly, I would appreciate the opportunity to understand the points you raise. My telephone number is 01834 811 873.

Sarah Hughes