“Pie and Beer”

The Hean Castle
Ranked #27 of 41 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is a good place for an ale and steak pie and chips at a moderate price of £8. They had a wide range of dishes including Indian food as well as the traditional pub grub. It was situated in the middle of the village and there was a nice friendly pub atmosphere there.

1  Thank arfonr

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Went into the hean castle pub today as it was lunch time and the kids were hungry. Went inside and sat down to look at the menu which I did not find particularly inspiring. Eventually went to the bar and stood and ordered drinks and sandwiches whilst the bar person was pouring them he dropped a glass to which he swore and whilst he was doing the drinks I had stood there the whole time holding my credit to which he then said oh we don't take card but there is a cash point across the road. Got cash and returned to find the bar man on his mobile the whole time. When I was ordering my food there was a family waiting to order who got fed up of waiting for the bar man to acknowledge them that they left.
The food arrived after about 15 minutes we ordered two tuna mayo sandwiches two cheese and onion toasters a bowl of chips two half Guinness and a diet come and j20 and came to £29. To be honest the sandwiches were ok as we're the chips. I know the place is old but it smelt musty and it was drab. Wish we had gone elsewhere especially as the customer service was not up to much even the waitress could not manage a smile. I think some finesse is needed on the food for the price and improvement on customer service. Would not recommend go elsewhere.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I've been visiting Saundersfoot for many years and have never visited The Hean. There has always been lots of noisy drinkers outside and that put me off. This year, I decided to take the plunge and go in with family in tow and how wrong I have been. Good service, comfy seating, good pub grub & reasonably priced. Ended up going back a few times in the two weeks we stayed.

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

This building dominates the main area in Saundersfoot but it is tired and has no identity. The interior is a mishmash of eras with too many fruit machines & fake greenery. The girl behind the bar was pleasant enough but looked bored. The food was okayish, filled a gap. Don't think we will return. Was about the cheapest at about £8-£9 per main.